SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

How many times have you been pulled over in your Challenger/Charger?

• Never

Votes: 110 61.8%
  • Once

Votes: 45 25.3%
  • Twice

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Thrice

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Four or more times

Votes: 9 5.1%

Poll...because I got pulled over!!

10091 Views 117 Replies 61 Participants Last post by  Hickster
Text Font Document Paper
Well, I got pulled over last night for the first time and it got me wondering about how many times you have been pulled over in your Dodge Challenger! Thankfully, because I have a good record, I received a warning but I felt I got pulled over needlessly. I was on a wide open road with nobody around and generated a bit more wheel slip than I anticipated. I didn’t get sideways but made a lot of noise!! So come on, time to fess up!!
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

· Premium Member
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,607 Posts
Twice but just warning both times for no front license plate. Not for speeding yet , lol.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,525 Posts
Got stopped at a road block doing license and sobriety checks. The State Trooper told me to leave some 11s when I pull away.....left about 60 feet and I could see his grin and thumbs up through the tire smoke. Which I had some video of that.

Warning was appropriate for your situation but honestly he coulda just made it verbal.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got stopped at a road block doing license and sobriety checks. The State Trooper told me to leave some 11s when I pull away.....left about 60 feet and I could see his grin and thumbs up through the tire smoke. Which I had some video of that.

Warning was appropriate for your situation but honestly he coulda just made it verbal.
3.5 years in my Stingray never got pulled over. Not even 3 months in my Redeye and BOOM!!

· Registered
Charger SRT 392
29 Posts
I haven’t been pulled over yet, but I had a scare this passed weekend. I was going about 85 in a 65 at 2AM, and I started to see some out of the ordinary reflections from under a bridge. I eased off the gas and as I got closed I saw it was a cop... I used the paddle shifters to slow down a bit (to not show any brake lights) got to about 70 when I passed him. Of course he pulls out and speeds up to 1 car length behind me, I assume to run my plates. I take my exit and he is still behind me then I signal to go left and he cuts thru 3 lanes and goes right. Scariest 1/2 mile I drove on that road lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,028 Posts
View attachment 521141 Well, I got pulled over last night for the first time and it got me wondering about how many times you have been pulled over in your Dodge Challenger! Thankfully, because I have a good record, I received a warning but I felt I got pulled over needlessly. I was on a wide open road with nobody around and generated a bit more wheel slip than I anticipated. I didn’t get sideways but made a lot of noise!! So come on, time to fess up!!
Was the sound that got the LEO's attention when I was pulled over. He let me go, but I had to rev the engine for him.

· Registered
2021 Challenger Hellcat Wide Body Redeye Gold Rush
2,079 Posts
You can't have a radar detector in VA either. How the citizens in that state let laws like that get passed is beyond me.
It’s called POLITICAL influence by the Major Insurance companies donating to their agenda.
The insurance rates in Virginia for a reckless charge is 6k more a year over and above your regular premium. Money does bad things sometimes to enrich ones self serving agenda.

· Registered
946 Posts
I have been really lucky, never any tickets nor accidents. The only car that got wrecked I owned was an 80s 5.0 Mustang while it was standing still, and hit by a drunk driver. That car was cursed from the beginning and lots of bad things happened to it culminating in it getting totalled like that. That's what I get for buying a Ford. The only pull overs I got was when I was very young driving around and cops wanted to see my Dodge Charger. They would do stuff like that back then and then say 'pop the hood'.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
962 Posts
I marked never in your poll but that’s not exactly true! And this happened 6 months ago!!! I work out of town a lot and last year I had the pleasure of being in Michigan every week for about a year. Most of the time the roads were quiet and I made it a point to rent a Dodge Challenger - V6 model - so I can feel at home when I’m away from home.

My very last night there - after 12 loooong months, I got that Challenger up to 120 when I saw the red and blue lights. I slammed on the brakes and to make things worse, it was a State Trooper. I apologized and threw myself at the mercy of his decision. He gave me a ticket for going 95 in a 65. He said if he had written it for 100mph or over, I would be in jail. I thanked him profusely and went on my way.

I hired a traffic attorney. Cost me $500. He was able to get my citation moved from a moving violation to a non moving violation and I paid $100 in court fees, etc. My driving record is still pristine. Of course being a Texan I wasn’t too worried about having a ticket out of state on my drivers history but i didn’t want to go down without a fight :D

· Registered
2021 Challenger Hellcat Wide Body Redeye Gold Rush
2,079 Posts
:D this thread isn’t very exciting lol thought I’d be reading stories of members being in jail, running from the law, cars taking away, lost license, mother in law got me out of jail, wanted to see if she could do 204mph, racing a Ford to show them who’s the boss, skunked a Vette and got caught, made a Camaro guy cry in front of the police, did a mile long burn out to be pulled over....etc
Come on man where’s the real stories man lol. And oh yeah I can’t disclose mine since I’d be incriminating myself:eek:

Reactions: Mean Cat

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:D this thread isn’t very exciting lol thought I’d be reading stories of members being in jail, running from the law, cars taking away, lost license, mother in law got me out of jail, wanted to see if she could do 204mph, racing a Ford to show them who’s the boss, skunked a Vette and got caught, made a Camaro guy cry in front of the police, did a mile long burn out to be pulled over....etc
Come on man where’s the real stories man lol. And oh yeah I can’t disclose mine since I’d be incriminating myself:eek:
I thought for sure we’d see some 4+ also but perhaps those folks are held up in a jail somewhere??!!

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.