SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
so when I got my HC last fall-all stock, it popped and crackled like crazy..almost too much at times..it was that much an effortless!. it was awesome..However, me being me,, I changed the mid mufflers few times to get a certain sound/loudness in mind and even a 2 chambered muffler . but I did notice the pops and crackles were getting less and less over time over time. I now decided to go back to the initial set up for verity of reasons and the pops would be one of them..but damn lol they are still bare minimum :poop: , did car detune it self? or what could it be? I also used not so great brand name gas few months ago but only 3-4 fill ups.. but been back to the good stuff for a while now..
what are your thoughts that it might be and what should I do ?

Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
Love my crackles n pops, sound awesome.

Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I changed my mid mufflers to Vibrant's 1794 and installed Mfer active valve delete . It significantly increased sound and got more pops. Try doing the valve bypass. Vibrants were a nice addition.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I changed my mid mufflers to Vibrant's 1794 and installed Mfer active valve delete . It significantly increased sound and got more pops. Try doing the valve bypass. Vibrants were a nice addition.
actually funny you say that.. I did install the MFER as well same day when I did muffler and thats when all that good stuff was diminished but then I kinda blamed it on the muffler, and the one after. and now that im stock again except for the Valve simulators still on..its still very little of that going on. Now I dont want to assume that is the cause of it..but I did read on couple of threads on here today, that having them open all the time woulda actually diminish all that stuff contrary to what most think...

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Any of you find the valves in the pipe dirty or slow to close? Do we ever need to clean or lube them?

Registered
Charger SRT 392
Any of you find the valves in the pipe dirty or slow to close? Do we ever need to clean or lube them?
Funny you mention that....I went to reinstall my (Khaos Motorsports) active exhaust delete plates last weekend--I took them off for winter--and noticed that the valve on my passenger side was getting caught up at the beginning and end of it's travel and the actuator wasn't in the right spot either...meaning it wasn't working properly.
The driver side moved freely though.

The car is 2020, five months old from the factory, and only has 900 miles on it too.
And there's no point in trying to get it covered under warranty, since I have the Vibrants installed.
So I "have" to have the plates installed to keep them open properly.

Videos...passenger side binding up:

Driver side normal:

Registered
Charger SRT 392
If you reinstall your original mufflers they will cover the repair.
Well I could, BUT....
1. I'd be paying for labor to have the mufflers welded back in
2. Then I'd be out the labor I paid for having the Vibrants put on (I think I paid $200-300, which is pretty high, BUT the work was flawless/perfect)
3. Then I'd have to pay the labor to have the Vibrants installed again
4. I don't have the original mufflers anyways

It wouldn't be worth it IMO, and I have the valve open with the plates anyways. If I didn't, then yeah...I'd be looking into get it warranty'd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts