SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
613 Posts
I know I can't get a low mile TH for $50k. Do they suddenly lease for what I pay now or less?
Whoops...completely whiffed on that last bullet point. Yeah it looks like you will be keeping the charger lol. Can’t get anything even comparable for $44k

The only cars i’m considering getting after the cat are AMG GLE 63/E63S or trackhawk.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Traded mine for a stick M2CS. I came to the conclusion that I just wasn’t using the power, and honestly you can’t put all the power down on street tires anyways. I’ll miss it, but the M2CS is far more enjoyable to drive for me, and it’s a far rarer car. I considered the GT500, but that’s not a car I’d want to drive daily, and again, no stick in a two door = no sale for me. I just don’t get it.
WHat's your lease info? I don't really see used for sub 50k

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I don't lease. BMW won't do lease on a M2 CS anyways.
I'm betting you paid well over $50k for it then which is not inline with my criteria on a used car. ;)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
For under $50k I don't think you're going to find anything new that will be a better choice than the Charger Hellcat.
Can be more if it's new & the lease price aligns with my HC lease $

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just bought a 2018 Mustang GT, PP1, M6 with only 3,800 miles for a DD. $31,500. I tried to buy a few manual challengers but I could make a deal.

·
Registered
Challenger Shaker Scat Pack WB
46 Posts
You might try test driving an Audi S5. Stick with models in the 2018 model year, and you get one of the nicest engines that Audi produces. The car comes in a coupe, with a back seat nobody with legs can actually fit in, or the sportback, which is a fairly comparable 4-door like the Charger (less room than the Charger, but still respectable).

Stick to the Premium Plus or Prestige trim level, and you're gonna get an interior and tech package that quite frankly outshines anything that Dodge does in any vehicle. Make sure you have the S Sport Package so you get the adaptive suspension, and then every option beyond that is really just based on your preference. You can find 2018 and even 2019 models with a reasonable amount of miles in the $40k-$50k range fairly easily.

The reason I say to stick to 2018 or newer is that the powertrain has an amazing, almost lag-free turbo response and is set to deliver a ton of torque at a really low RPM. It's quite frankly exciting to drive, even if the HP doesn't match a Hellcat. Plus, it's an Audi, so you're getting Quattro AWD to put the power to the road.

Now, it's not going to be as roomy, or have the comfy ride that you get with a Charger. And it's a sneaky-fast car because the body shape and colors they come in are simply not going to raise any attention. But it will do a quarter in the mid-12s and get to 60 in 4 point something, and do it while the police are looking at someone else.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I just bought a 2018 Mustang GT, PP1, M6 with only 3,800 miles for a DD. $31,500. I tried to buy a few manual challengers but I could make a deal.
I have no interest in a S550 that does not already have FI

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,534 Posts
-I know nothing else is going to be at this HP level so that's not a requirement.
True. If excluding the Challenger, Durango, Trackhawk, and TRX. Or even another Charger.

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
105 Posts
I would be willing to put a lot of money on it, if you test drove a e55 or cls55 AMG with a pulley,headers and ECU tune which typically makes +/-530rwhp-over 600rwtq for $12K, you would be sold. Timeless classic styling, and can dip into the 10's on race gas:)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I find it hard to believe that a car like that would not be a money pit & maintenance nightmare for a daily driver...

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat
105 Posts
I guess you have owned these cars for the past 10 years then like I have, please share the maintenance dollars needed to keep them on the road?

Was just trying to give you some options for cars out there, good luck in your search OP.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I guess I have to keep the HC...

Now if it was not so hard to find the right classic 60s muscle car that is not rusted out or too much $, I'd be set

Reactions: 2ndAmend

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,112 Posts
I wound up buying an LT1 powered camaro. I’ve had 16 challengers and 15 corvettes. Wanted something “different”. So far it fits the bill perfectly. With the 10 speed trans guys are running high 11’s so can’t wait to see how it does against our scat Charger. Forgot how funny it is to deal with Chevy dealers. They can pull some stuff out of thin air to make a deal happen when you find the right dealer.

·
Registered
18 Charger Hellcat
147 Posts
Audi S3. AWD, 4 doors, and responds very well to mods like a HC.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
ZL1 is the only Camaro I'd consider & used ones around $45k have 50-60k miles on them so pass.

Not going to own an Audi out of warranty & I'd have to mod it to make me happy so they are out. I do love the RS3, though.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
613 Posts
What do ZL1s lease for?

Or does Chevy still act retarded when it comes to leasing?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 45 Posts