SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Is there a way to 2 step a Redeye solely for the purpose of occasionally producing obnoxious exhaust gunshots? I don't want to do anything that could destroy the car or be super expensive, just something to mess with friends once and a while.

I have a feeling there's a very simple answer to this, but I figured I'd ask it here and get your advice.
Thanks,

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,454 Posts
Hi guys,

Is there a way to 2 step a Redeye solely for the purpose of occasionally producing obnoxious exhaust gunshots? I don't want to do anything that could destroy the car or be super expensive, just something to mess with friends once and a while.

I have a feeling there's a very simple answer to this, but I figured I'd ask it here and get your advice.
Thanks,
2 step is hard on the engine. Its more for turbo charged cars so you can spool the turbo and get boost. A supercharged engine doesn't have the same benefits because boost is driven by the engine and pulley.

R.K.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,104 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks,
stage 6 makes a 2 step..
mXa 2 step Plug N Play Harness w/ Stage 6 Motorsports Modern HEMI 2 Step Kit - Mass Acceleration Motorsports (mxamotorsports.com)

MSD (Stage 6 Motorsports) Two Step Test. - YouTube

installing this weekend, will let you know how it goes.

I got one to come off clutch during roll races, and because the factory launch control engages rear brakes, cannot be used with TC off and the level surface shit is annoying to get worked out. Plus this one can be set 1000rpm above idle, which for me is 1750, way better than the 3k min. the factory will let you set it at.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stage 6 makes a 2 step..
mXa 2 step Plug N Play Harness w/ Stage 6 Motorsports Modern HEMI 2 Step Kit - Mass Acceleration Motorsports (mxamotorsports.com)

MSD (Stage 6 Motorsports) Two Step Test. - YouTube

installing this weekend, will let you know how it goes.

I got one to come off clutch during roll races, and because the factory launch control engages rear brakes, cannot be used with TC off and the level surface shit is annoying to get worked out. Plus this one can be set 1000rpm above idle, which for me is 1750, way better than the 3k min. the factory will let you set it at.
Thanks, I'm excited to hear how it goes! Again, I'll never actually use it, I'm only interested in exhaust blasts, so let me know how it sounds revving at idle XD
About how much it'll cost to get it done?

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,104 Posts
Thanks, I'm excited to hear how it goes! Again, I'll never actually use it, I'm only interested in exhaust blasts, so let me know how it sounds revving at idle XD
About how much it'll cost to get it done?
I got it used second hand off here for 500 with the harness, you can get just the stage 6 module and splice it into your coils but I didn't want anything permanent, MXA makes a plug and play harness that takes place of the splice aspect.

Their kit new is $580 plus shipping if it isnt free. Installing myself so no labor. so 525 to my door from a user on here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts