SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Redeye STOLEN/2002 C5 Z06
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I get to join the large club of stolen Hellcats. My 19 Redeye Challenger was taken from a gated parking garage in Dallas between Thusday night and Friday morning.
I had no idea these cars were so easily taken.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Irving, Tx last week. Dallas this week. Sorry to hear. I live in the Dallas area. Hopefully you will get some kind of luck.
I doubt it will be found, seems like most of them aren't, I've had an SS on order since march, maybe it will show up one of these days.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,196 Posts
Well I get to join the large club of stolen Hellcats. My 19 Redeye Challenger was taken from a gated parking garage in Dallas between Thusday night and Friday morning.
Any video from the garage?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any video from the garage?
Doesn't look like many cameras other than the entrance and exits, some on the buildings outside of the garage. They did bust one of the windows to get in the car.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
807 Posts
What kind of garage? Underground parking for where you live, or was it for a hotel or shopping center?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you have the FOB Update done by chance?
[/QUOTE
Wasn't aware of the key fob update, it sits in my shop most of the time only put 500 miles on it since feb. it was parked in a office building garage, I pay monthly to access. its next to my GF's apartment.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I'm questioning whether or not I want another after this, take my equity and hide.

Reactions: Taxinator

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
2,773 Posts
Funny, the day after I traded my 392 on this, February of 2021, they hit the dealership and took two others outside. If my 392 wouldn't have been inside, that would have been taken also. It was Columbiana CDJR in Ohio. They also had that on video.

·
Registered
2022 Charger Redeye
430 Posts
Sorry to hear it. Curious. Was it where your car was normally parked? Or is this the first time in that lot? I wonder if most of these thefts are planned or complete opportunities.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to hear it. Curious. Was it where your car was normally parked? Or is this the first time in that lot? I wonder if most of these thefts are planned or complete opportunities.
I've parked in the garage with both of the Hellcats I've owned but not very often, this was maybe the second or third time I parked my redeye there and not in the last few months, seem like a random act rather than pre meditated

·
Registered
21' Hellcat Redeye Widebody
45 Posts
Update is only available for 2021 cars currently.
Funny, the day after I traded my 392 on this, February of 2021, they hit the dealership and took two others outside. If my 392 wouldn't have been inside, that would have been taken also. It was Columbiana CDJR in Ohio. They also had that on video.
Columbiana was where I just bought my new to me 2021 Challenger Hellcat Redeye earlier this month! Glad I got there before it got stolen!

·
Registered
2022 Charger Redeye
430 Posts
I've parked in the garage with both of the Hellcats I've owned but not very often, this was maybe the second or third time I parked my redeye there and not in the last few months, seem like a random act rather than pre meditated
Well that stinks. Hope your insurance makes you whole. My Redeye is in public lots and hotels a lot. Not sure if I’m just lucky. I really want to keep enjoying traveling with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
wow sorry to hear that bro, the bad people don,t want to work just take what another man saved and ate top rom
Sorry to hear that fellow cat lover hope they find it but even if they do find it i don't think you would want it back, make them insurance crooks get you a new one, kind of didn't leave or take my eye off mine until the fix came out and i got a extra key as well so now i have 3 red and 1 black key, just keep in mine that if you have to get a new key they say it's going to be 2k to add any more keys , so that's why i got the extra. good luck bro.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts