SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good news from the Detroit area, they have run out of Hellcat's to steal so they moved on to Mustangs!

Camaros too!

·
Registered
251 Posts
What gets me is that these plants, or staging lots, don't have security. Or at least competent security. Locked gates, cameras, ALARMS, patrolling officers...

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
We really need some sensible car control laws.

Why can't we ban cars?
Perhaps we should ban stupid people instead; two days in a row this AMG Roadster parked in front of an automotive shop on a dark road without a fence, r rear fender is trashed and probably getting replaced, cars constantly get stolen around here and these a-holes are leaving a $130K car parked in front. I had posted a month ago about a guy stealing the cats off a truck parked in front of our shop during the day, three weeks ago another a-hole broke down on the highway and walked down to our shop, most everyone was out and he walked into the crew room and helped himself to our FOBs on four trucks that weren't out, we re-keyed but last weekend several of our trucks had the windows broken out and equipment stolen.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
583 Posts
Camaros too!

I guess they want to off roading now?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I guess they want to off roading now?

They’ll take whatever they can get their hands on the easiest and strip, period. It’s Michigan, basically a wasteland. No one should be surprised - can literally get away with murder out there, what’s a few stolen cars?

·
Premium Member
2019 Redeye STOLEN/2002 C5 Z06
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Wow looks like my post has taken on a whole new life of its own. update car not recovered, insurance has made an offer and its a lowball so I'm starting my next battle.

·
Premium Member
2019 Redeye STOLEN/2002 C5 Z06
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
What did they offer if you don’t mind me asking, ballpark
base value in mid 70s then added taxes paid to make it around 80, they didn't have all the options listed and they aren't taking mileage into consideration, so I'm sending a recent RO to prove mileage to see if that will Improve it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
3/30/22 Destroyer Grey A8 2017 25kmi 430am-500am Wednesday morning
recovered after being total loss. no idea condition
QTP cutouts San Antonio.
had wheel locks RF blocking key cases.

Stolen by neutral release. (wasnt aware)
bought used in 2020
#worstclubtorepresent

·
Registered
2022 Charger Redeye
430 Posts
base value in mid 70s then added taxes paid to make it around 80, they didn't have all the options listed and they aren't taking mileage into consideration, so I'm sending a recent RO to prove mileage to see if that will Improve it.
I just went through a similar situation with a different vehicle. Refused a couple offers because they didn’t consider options I had as well as loss of use because it’s a 6 month wait for a new one.
They’ll wear you down though 🙄.
Good luck 🤞

·
Registered
251 Posts
3/30/22 Destroyer Grey A8 2017 25kmi 430am-500am Wednesday morning
recovered after being total loss. no idea condition
QTP cutouts San Antonio.
had wheel locks RF blocking key cases.

Stolen by neutral release. (wasnt aware)
bought used in 2020
#worstclubtorepresent
I think I remember you posting when that happened.
Sorry that happened to you. Hopefully insurance paid out fairly on it.

Just curious, what kind of wheel locks do you mean?

The security lug nuts, or the "Denver Boot" type of thing?

161 - 180 of 187 Posts