SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
78 Posts
I work for this group of dealerships, we still have this one and it is really clean. I almost bought it then we had an A8 with lower miles come in that I purchased. I know they have wiggle room too I’ve seen what we own it for.
GMC Dealer in Carlsbad | Tate Branch GMC

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
271 Posts
Found 2015 w/ 7K at a decent price. Haven't pulled trigger yet.
Be sure and ask when it was serviced last as it has to be serviced every 6 months or 5000 miles on the engine oil and drive it slowly in tight circles to the left and right and listen for a rear end grind if it has that sound it’ll need the rear end flushed and new oil and friction clutch additive added also . I’d call a dodge dealership and see if there are any open recalls and check CARFAX for a clean title back ground . Happy hunting !!! I bought a 2105 Challenger HC and had to have the rear end fluid changed and no problems since it was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
201 Posts
Be sure and ask when it was serviced last as it has to be serviced every 6 months or 5000 miles on the engine oil and drive it slowly in tight circles to the left and right and listen for a rear end grind if it has that sound it’ll need the rear end flushed and new oil and friction clutch additive added also . I’d call a dodge dealership and see if there are any open recalls and check CARFAX for a clean title back ground . Happy hunting !!! I bought a 2105 Challenger HC and had to have the rear end fluid changed and no problems since it was covered under warranty.
If you get it from a dealership by law the recalls must be done before being sold and they will show up on the car fax also if done at the deslership the service dates will show on the car fax also.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
271 Posts
What I’ve always been told on this is you can’t sell a new car with an open recall but you can a used car . Unless some new law has come along since 2006 then they can sell a used car with an open recall .
Why Can Dealers Sell Used Cars With Unfixed Recalls? | News from Cars.com

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
201 Posts
What I’ve always been told on this is you can’t sell a new car with an open recall but you can a used car . Unless some new law has come along since 2006 then they can sell a used car with an open recall .
Why Can Dealers Sell Used Cars With Unfixed Recalls? | News from Cars.com
I know when I got my 15 in Nov in OH I had to sign a form for the car fax that showed it did not have any open recall on the car I thought the dealer said it was a law but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
271 Posts
I know when I got my 15 in Nov in OH I had to sign a form for the car fax that showed it did not have any open recall on the car I thought the dealer said it was a law but I may be wrong.
Maybe it’s changed since the post I posted or maybe it’s a state by state thing either way it’s something to check out for sure !

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
That's good info to know, would never have even thought of ANY of that.

Fortunately, this is coming from a local Dodge dealer. CARFAX is clean w/ all the maintenance records. Not sure why it was a garage queen, but it definitely was driven and maintained.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
Just saying Hi to this site: Picking up a 2015 Charger Hellcat with 2150 miles on it tomorrow. Exciting to finally getting one and it will be nice to have the information from this site from other owners with information on their experience. 74yrs young..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
201 Posts
Just saying Hi to this site: Picking up a 2015 Charger Hellcat with 2150 miles on it tomorrow. Exciting to finally getting one and it will be nice to have the information from this site from other owners with information on their experience. 74yrs young..
Congrats..... You will love the car.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,515 Posts
Congrats on the new HC and enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee SRT
5 Posts
Hi I’m looking for some advice as well. Dealer currently has a 2016 charger hc with 6800 miles and he offered it to me for $47,900. No negotiating on my part but I do know the sales manager somewhat. Just seeing if there is more room there? Cars only option is sunroof and 23t. We are thinking of trading our 2014 SRT Jeep with 58000 miles. He gave me $36k trade allowance so a difference of $12k out of pocket. I am thinking $9k would be exceptional deal. I do have the lifetime max care on mine so I do have to keep that in mind and recently my engine has been acting up with misfires. The only issue with the hc is on the CarFax it showed damage to front and side of car but no accident before first buyer leases it. Dealer said it was hail damage which we do get plenty of. Car was sold and bought back by same local dealer. Just curious oh and this will be my wife’s daily that I want to suprise her on. Thanks again!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
201 Posts
Hi I’m looking for some advice as well. Dealer currently has a 2016 charger hc with 6800 miles and he offered it to me for $47,900. No negotiating on my part but I do know the sales manager somewhat. Just seeing if there is more room there? Cars only option is sunroof and 23t. We are thinking of trading our 2014 SRT Jeep with 58000 miles. He gave me $36k trade allowance so a difference of $12k out of pocket. I am thinking $9k would be exceptional deal. I do have the lifetime max care on mine so I do have to keep that in mind and recently my engine has been acting up with misfires. The only issue with the hc is on the CarFax it showed damage to front and side of car but no accident before first buyer leases it. Dealer said it was hail damage which we do get plenty of. Car was sold and bought back by same local dealer. Just curious oh and this will be my wife’s daily that I want to suprise her on. Thanks again!
If you can get it for $44900 I should have brought you with me when I got mine a few months ago. maybe with the carfax it will be cheaper but I would guess that car should be going for around $50000 from what I saw when I was looking. Good luck

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,515 Posts
That is a low mile 16. Your wife is going to love that car once she drives it. Always room to go lower IMO.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee SRT
5 Posts
She isn’t necessarily a fast driver but she likes comfortable cars that are unique and loves the power and feel of her Jeep. I on the other hand really want the hellcat in the stable because it was one of my cars I always wanted to own but never thought about letting her Jeep go until recently when we started having issues with the engine. Our kids are really want the cat well because it looks like a race car lol. In any event we will see. I just need to test drive it once this blizzard stops and the snow clears.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,346 Posts
Did op pull the trigger yet?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts