SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a 21' redeye back in April, and it is scheduled to be delivered between Aug 24 and Sep 4th. I talked to the dealer today and was informed that rumor has it that power dollars are coming back in September and that should my car arrive before Sep, to wait until Sep 1st to actually pick it up.

Anyone else heard any rumors of power dollars coming back?

@Just_See_Jake you heard anything about this September discount?

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's why I'm saying I doubt very highly you'll see anything more than that. They have no incentive to offer deals right now because cars can't really be kept on lots at the moment. I'd be absolutely STUNNED if they offered anything above what is available right now.
seeing as how the 22's are right around the corner, they are going to have to offer something, lack of inventory or not. nobody us going to buy/order a 21 when they can order a 22

· Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
828 Posts
seeing as how the 22's are right around the corner, they are going to have to offer something, lack of inventory or not. nobody us going to buy/order a 21 when they can order a 22
Why would they need to offer anything at the moment? They aren't sitting on cars that they need to move. The only reason incentives typically exist is because they have high inventory numbers. Currently, that's not the case...and that goes for every type of vehicle, not just Hellcats... Truth be told, you could find a brand new Scatpack faster than you could find a Hellcat right now.

The fact of the matter is this.... if dealers had cars sitting on the lots right this minute, most would already be sold...

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,072 Posts
No they won't. Supply is extremely limited and 22's are months away at best. The chip shortage issue is not going away soon, will be a factor into calendar year 2022.

· Registered
609 Posts
I'm honestly surprised they've kept any rebate. Don't hold your breath for power dollars. They'll have no problem moving 21 MY cars even when the 22 is being built (assuming there will be any 21's left). Consider yourself lucky if the incentive increases any in September.

The rebate is 2K now, but remember that it's slowly trended down from the 8K Power Dollars last year.

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,718 Posts
I cant see any rebates at all in the future. The closer we get to the end of the platform (2023) the fewer incentives there will be. In fact I’m thinking the dealers will be at it again with the ‘get one while you still can’ ADM’s. Anyone who thinks they need rebates to sell the iconic Hellcat in the last year or two that it will ever be produced in it’s current form is living in LaLa land.

· Registered
526 Posts
They are on track to sell a record amount of cars. I doubt it .

Powered by Challenger, Charger and Durango, Dodge brand total sales rose 42% year-over year. Separately, total sales of Challenger rose 52%, Charger rose 95%, and Durango rose 53%. The second quarter was also the best ever quarter for total sales of the Challenger Scat Pack and Charger Scat Pack, and the best retail second quarter for Durango since 2005

· Registered
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
1,249 Posts
There will not be a 22 on the ground till Jan or later
Challenger just outsold Mustang
There is little to no available inventory on the ground currently
Mustang and Camaro have 0 rebate available
A LOT of Scat Packs and Hellcats are selling at ABOVE MSRP
I guess as someone who was in the car business for 20 years why should Dodge incentivize the car at all let alone put more money on them than there is now?

· Registered
2017 HC Challenger. no tune----yet.
535 Posts
They are on track to sell a record amount of cars. I doubt it .

Powered by Challenger, Charger and Durango, Dodge brand total sales rose 42% year-over year. Separately, total sales of Challenger rose 52%, Charger rose 95%, and Durango rose 53%. The second quarter was also the best ever quarter for total sales of the Challenger Scat Pack and Charger Scat Pack, and the best retail second quarter for Durango since 2005
Sadly many will be repossessed and end up on dealer lots.

· Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
3,224 Posts
FWIW regarding new car inventory I pass by a Dodge dealer almost every day and of course glance over at the lot. Sometimes I pass by and the lot looks rather empty. But other times I pass by and the lot looks full and I see Challengers of various configurations right on the front row nearest the street.

Off hand I'd have to say new car stock appears to be improving. To the point Power Dollars will be required to move stock? Sorry no crystal ball.

Have to add that part of me suspects the "rumor" of Power Dollars returning is intended to keep the buyer from changing his mind to keep him "hooked" and waiting for the car to come in.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.