SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Power steering fluid leak

11529 Views 51 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Frank1970
I pulled my Charger HC out of the garage to wash it today, and slipped on a puddle of what appears to be PS fluid on my garage floor when I walked back in. The puddle is near the driver front of the vehicle (maybe a foot or two back from the bumper), and is red in color. The power steering fluid reservoir is slightly below the "low" mark, so I have to assume that's what it is. I didn't pull it up on ramps or anything to try to determine where it was coming from. Has anyone heard of this happening to anyone else? The car is only a week old (560mi). Looks like it'll be making an early trip back to the dealer this week. :(
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
That sux

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
I noticed a small spot of an oily substance under the passenger side about one inch in diameter. I smelled it and it was odorless. Not engine oil or atf. Further checking indicates power steering fluid...kind of yellowish clear. It appears the reservoir was over filled as the site gage is beyond full above the proper range. Is there any picture reference to show proper fluid level? The owners manual shows nothing.
Fill line is on the neck of the reservoir

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.