SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,649 Posts
Hmm... Makes me wonder if it's leaking something else, and my steering fluid was just low from the factory? It could be an oil or tranny cooler leak as well... I'm not confident on the reddish color comment I made earlier. It only looked like that initially. Ever since, it has seemed to be more of an engine oil color, but it's hard to tell since the fluids are all so clean right now.
Think got same problem few drops and smell like chicken soup no lie thought I ran something over

· Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,649 Posts
Just got a call from the dealer. The Viper tech has determined that it's the front pump seal on the transmission that's leaking. They're removing the transmission and replacing the seal today, and expect it to be ready tomorrow. I still don't understand how the fluid was getting up to the driver front of the vehicle (it looked like it was all over the AC compressor, and the hoses, etc.). I found no leaks near the centerline of the vehicle, which I would think a trans leak of any kind would have...

I'm sure the tech is correct. I'm just puzzed as to how it manifested itself in a leak near the driver front of the vehicle. I'll report back tomorrow when I get the car back... I hope this fixes it!

Also, I've received no explanation as to why the power steering fluid was low. I don't know if it was not filled properly at the factory, or if there is truly a leak in the power steering system as well (that has not yet been detected by the tech).
You sure driver side not passenger side near oil filter ??

· Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,649 Posts
Which is exactly where the transmission fluid cooler is, driver's side front. Oil cooler is on the passenger side. Who knows, atleast its getting fixed. :)
Not for me all dealers in my area and srt calling around find me a dealer they all said busy and when I went in person he said u buy car here (no) I can't help you be safe bro literally word for word bay ridge chrysler suck my xxxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.