SRT Hellcat Forum banner

PPF for new jailbreak

3504 45
I want to get this car PPF filmed. It’s a widebody if anyone doesn’t know.

I know at a minimum I need the front bumper done. How is the chipping on the hood, front fenders, mirrors, and flares? Would you guys suggest putting PPF on all those parts?
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
376 Posts
Just my experience. Had PPF put on my 21 REWB Indigo Blue. I did front end, flares, and mirrors. I should have know better based on my buying habits.

It did its job as expected for 1933 miles then I traded it.

The next owner should enjoy the free protection.

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Jail Break
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just my experience. Had PPF put on my 21 REWB Indigo Blue. I did front end, flares, and mirrors. I should have know better based on my buying habits.

It did its job as expected for 1933 miles then I traded it.

The next owner should enjoy the free protection.
nice. Do you think it is worth it to do the front fenders and hood as well? Did you notice any chips in those areas?

I plan to be buried in this car

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Super Stock
612 Posts
I have an 18' WB and have the nose, front and rear fenders and mirrors done. I plan on doing the same on my SS but will include an area behind the rear wheel for rubber. I did not have the hood done and have seen a single, small chip but probably not enough for me to do the hood on the new car.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,317 Posts
'20 REWB here. Bumper, flares, door handle cups. No noticeable chips yet at 3k miles. I did add the rock guards and side skirts too which help protect the rear flares. I like the looks too. Almost looks lowered.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
376 Posts
If I do PPF on the Jailbreak I will do the same areas. I had no chips anywhere at 1933 miles. I did install ZL1 rock guards on it and the 2019 model. Will do same on Jailbreak. The other must for me is Power Stop Z26 pads. Stops fine for my use and very little dust.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
'20 REWB here. Bumper, flares, door handle cups. No noticeable chips yet at 3k miles. I did add the rock guards and side skirts too which help protect the rear flares. I like the looks too. Almost looks lowered.
View attachment 586126
View attachment 586127
nice car. Yeah I do like the looks of them. What brand is that might as well order them before delivery.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,317 Posts
nice car. Yeah I do like the looks of them. What brand is that might as well order them before delivery.
ZL-1 guards and skirts. If you order the skirts maybe spray the hardware black before installing. The clips that are used to attach them to the car can be seen afterwards if you are looking from the side just right. Hardly noticeable but if you overthink things like I do it may bug you.
Also another vote for the PowerStop pads. Love em, almost zero dust and stop great. Not a good track pad but I'll never see the track so...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I sent my black 2021 REWB directly to my local detailer before driving it and had him PPF the entire front end, mirrors, and all the flares. Then ceramic coated the whole car and added the ZL1 rock guards. As of now it has 700 miles and no rock chips plus cleans super easy with just medium pressure washer and air to dry. Pricey but well worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I sent my black 2021 REWB directly to my local detailer before driving it and had him PPF the entire front end, mirrors, and all the flares. Then ceramic coated the whole car and added the ZL1 rock guards. As of now it has 700 miles and no rock chips plus cleans super easy with just medium pressure washer and air to dry. Pricey but well worth it IMHO.
I think that’s the ultimate solution right there. Just the most costly. But for the damn price of this car I may do it.

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,906 Posts
I PPF'd my 2020 Hellcat's front end. I will not be doing PPF again. It looked like crap and only held up for about a year before parts started lifting in places like the corners of the lower grille.

I have a white car coming this time, so I'm not quite as worried about incidental little damage to the front. This is another reason why I picked White Knuckle.

Reactions: Chris jimenez

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I PPF'd my 2020 Hellcat's front end. I will not be doing PPF again. It looked like crap and only held up for about a year before parts started lifting in places like the corners of the lower grille.

I have a white car coming this time, so I'm not quite as worried about incidental little damage to the front. This is another reason why I picked White Knuckle.
Did you use XPEL? What brand of PPF did you use?

·
Registered
In The Market
351 Posts
On my '19 Redeye WB I had the whole front done hood/bumper, all four flares, both A pillars and the front portion of the roof to the sunroof. I also had a strip about 10" tall go from behind the front flares to the back bumper. This protected the lower portions of the doors, just after the doors and just behind the rear tires. I have a video on my youtube channel MDMuscle if you want to see how it looked. This time around I had my entire SS wrapped and ceramic coated.

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,906 Posts
Did you use XPEL? What brand of PPF did you use?
The shop I used installed Llumar PPF. They didn't do the best job, had to have it totally redone once. They stretched it too much on the lower fascia lip and it lifted off in a couple days' time. They redid the job and it held up OK. I just don't like the look of it, and as I mentioned, some of the areas with great curvature, like inside the lower fascia leading to the oil cooler vent has started to come up a little. The front bumper took a couple pebble strikes and while it protected the paint, the PPF was damaged and has a very noticeable mark right dead square in the middle of the front bumper.

Great if you want to protect the paint.
Bad if you use your car as a show car.

Reactions: Reaperhwk

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
2,194 Posts
ZL-1 guards and skirts. If you order the skirts maybe spray the hardware black before installing. The clips that are used to attach them to the car can be seen afterwards if you are looking from the side just right. Hardly noticeable but if you overthink things like I do it may bug you.
Also another vote for the PowerStop pads. Love em, almost zero dust and stop great. Not a good track pad but I'll never see the track so...
2 coats of a giant sharpie works as well

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
2,194 Posts
Anyone have any info on obtaining the paint patch stickers on the front bottoms of the rear flairs and the ones next to the rear bottom corner of the door/jams that they use as “protection” or are those a no part number item?…as we all know the oem ones match the paint perfectly

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.