SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get this car PPF filmed. It’s a widebody if anyone doesn’t know.

I know at a minimum I need the front bumper done. How is the chipping on the hood, front fenders, mirrors, and flares? Would you guys suggest putting PPF on all those parts?

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just my experience. Had PPF put on my 21 REWB Indigo Blue. I did front end, flares, and mirrors. I should have know better based on my buying habits.

It did its job as expected for 1933 miles then I traded it.

The next owner should enjoy the free protection.
nice. Do you think it is worth it to do the front fenders and hood as well? Did you notice any chips in those areas?

I plan to be buried in this car

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
'20 REWB here. Bumper, flares, door handle cups. No noticeable chips yet at 3k miles. I did add the rock guards and side skirts too which help protect the rear flares. I like the looks too. Almost looks lowered.
View attachment 586126
View attachment 586127
nice car. Yeah I do like the looks of them. What brand is that might as well order them before delivery.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I sent my black 2021 REWB directly to my local detailer before driving it and had him PPF the entire front end, mirrors, and all the flares. Then ceramic coated the whole car and added the ZL1 rock guards. As of now it has 700 miles and no rock chips plus cleans super easy with just medium pressure washer and air to dry. Pricey but well worth it IMHO.
I think that’s the ultimate solution right there. Just the most costly. But for the damn price of this car I may do it.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I PPF'd my 2020 Hellcat's front end. I will not be doing PPF again. It looked like crap and only held up for about a year before parts started lifting in places like the corners of the lower grille.

I have a white car coming this time, so I'm not quite as worried about incidental little damage to the front. This is another reason why I picked White Knuckle.
Did you use XPEL? What brand of PPF did you use?

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. So looks like I’ll be covering a good 60% of the car. My car is ordered with stripes and I hear they are decals and not paint. I was thinking putting PPF on them would protect them from peeling.

besides $$, is there anything that would be detrimental in just covering the entire car in PPF?

this is my bucket list car so I’ll keep it. Forever.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
PPF over top of vinyl stripes is going to make them look weird. Especially if they're all not covered in PPF.

TBH, I'd just cover the front fascia and the flares, maybe the mirrors and just do the rest in ceramic.
Maybe a misunderstanding here? I meant I would PPF the entire panel that has the stripes, not just the stripes. The front bumper which does have stripes is getting PPF as well.

How will that look weird to have PPF over the entire panel that has stripes?

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
View attachment 586156
View attachment 586160
View attachment 586158
View attachment 586157
View attachment 586159
View attachment 586155
I had everything PPF, but stripes,roof, and trunk. Car and rims ceramic coated. All windows tinted including windshield. 6,000.00.
Still considering rock guards.
Nice. Is that the factory carbon stripes? I was going between that color and gun-metal for my car(black). I went with gun metal but the carbon also looks good(if that's what you have).

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Keep in mind this stuff is not a forever covering. It's not like your grandmother's clear plastic couch cover lol. If youre keeping it forever you will eventually be replacing it all.
I keep my cars a long time. My daily is a 2006 F150 I bought brand new. Still have it with 200k miles and will keep it until it turns into dust. My wife keeps hoping it will die but every time it goes down I fix it. Only thing that will stop me is if the frame just disintegrates, I can fix anything else on my own.

Yes I read they last 10 yrs. And then I'm thinking it may not be smart to cover the stripes because I'd think they would come off or get messed up when they remove the PPF........

Doing up to the stripes may be the best bet.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I didn't do my stripes. They're pretty tough! hardly a nick at 30k . Did not get my mirrors or A pillars and no chips there either.
Glad to hear that about the stripes, I had a white camaro once with orange stripes and they got beat up. I could see white specs under them from the nicks, looked like trash after awhile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.