SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2020 White Charger Hellcat w Black Leather/Alcantara Interior, Black Roof, Red Calipers & HK Stereo
101 Posts

·
Registered
16 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
1,211 Posts
I keep my cars a long time. My daily is a 2006 F150 I bought brand new. Still have it with 200k miles and will keep it until it turns into dust. My wife keeps hoping it will die but every time it goes down I fix it. Only thing that will stop me is if the frame just disintegrates, I can fix anything else on my own.

Yes I read they last 10 yrs. And then I'm thinking it may not be smart to cover the stripes because I'd think they would come off or get messed up when they remove the PPF........

Doing up to the stripes may be the best bet.
I didn't do my stripes. They're pretty tough! hardly a nick at 30k . Did not get my mirrors or A pillars and no chips there either.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break on order
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I didn't do my stripes. They're pretty tough! hardly a nick at 30k . Did not get my mirrors or A pillars and no chips there either.
Glad to hear that about the stripes, I had a white camaro once with orange stripes and they got beat up. I could see white specs under them from the nicks, looked like trash after awhile.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nice. Do you think it is worth it to do the front fenders and hood as well? Did you notice any chips in those areas?

I plan to be buried in this car
nice. Do you think it is worth it to do the front fenders and hood as well? Did you notice any chips in those areas?

I plan to be buried in this car
YES, as they stick just like the mirror, and rocks coming up off another car can get past the front of the cat, I would also recommend doing the rocker panel about 12 inches up as well and the hood, This is what we did with out WB, hood is satin black had that wrapped the whole front, mirrors, fenders and rocker front to back 12 inch height. You have to really go looking for it to see the seams. IN addition we added SWAIM rock guards as the drag radials pick up everything !

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
104 Posts
I sent my black 2021 REWB directly to my local detailer before driving it and had him PPF the entire front end, mirrors, and all the flares. Then ceramic coated the whole car and added the ZL1 rock guards. As of now it has 700 miles and no rock chips plus cleans super easy with just medium pressure washer and air to dry. Pricey but well worth it IMHO.
I did the same, except add the doors. The rear flares take most of the hits, so there extremally important.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts