SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy post so go easy on me! :eek:

The Hellcat has ruined my life and my friends don't want to talk to me because my sole argument to any car speculation is that the Hellcat is faster. Whatever supercar or hypercar gets brought into the discussion is then talked down, slapped on the wrist and thrown into the "you nor I are billionaires so that is not worth quoting" jar (perfect jeweler handwriting precision may be required to get that one written down).

Anyways I love it to death but...

I am already thinking bigger wheels. Oh yes I am one of those people but not to ludicrous 24 inch levels mind you!

So I have been chatting up and annoying the hell out of HRE and Forgeline for some 21" monoblock wheels that have similar styling to the OEMs because they are the business!!! I spoke to both of them and they suggested different options knowing that I intend on lowering the car by an inch next year when mopar hopefully releases their spring kit in the Middle Eastern region. Forgeline suggested 20" 9.5" front 11" rear with 305 (never got back to me after I changed my mind when asking about 21") while HRE suggested the same sizes but with a 315 at the rear.

That kind of confused me but could be to the differences in ET which I did not ask about yet since I am still into figuring out what I like.

So my question is if anyone has delt with these companies or any other high end forged wheel manufacturer and if they send wheels that I could potentially install on my own no problem? I would be ordering online and don't have a chance to drive up to them directly let them slap on the wheels with tires and drive off or not and potentially argue if the fittings off or theres any rubbing. I mean if they turn out to rub or damage the car I would drown in shipping costs and the whole bureaucracy of sending them back e.t.c.

sry for the long post o_O

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,173 Posts
New guy post so go easy on me! :eek:

The Hellcat has ruined my life and my friends don't want to talk to me because my sole argument to any car speculation is that the Hellcat is faster. Whatever supercar or hypercar gets brought into the discussion is then talked down, slapped on the wrist and thrown into the "you nor I are billionaires so that is not worth quoting" jar (perfect jeweler handwriting precision may be required to get that one written down).

Anyways I love it to death but...

I am already thinking bigger wheels. Oh yes I am one of those people but not to ludicrous 24 inch levels mind you!

So I have been chatting up and annoying the hell out of HRE and Forgeline for some 21" monoblock wheels that have similar styling to the OEMs because they are the business!!! I spoke to both of them and they suggested different options knowing that I intend on lowering the car by an inch next year when mopar hopefully releases their spring kit in the Middle Eastern region. Forgeline suggested 20" 9.5" front 11" rear with 305 (never got back to me after I changed my mind when asking about 21") while HRE suggested the same sizes but with a 315 at the rear.

That kind of confused me but could be to the differences in ET which I did not ask about yet since I am still into figuring out what I like.

So my question is if anyone has delt with these companies or any other high end forged wheel manufacturer and if they send wheels that I could potentially install on my own no problem? I would be ordering online and don't have a chance to drive up to them directly let them slap on the wheels with tires and drive off or not and potentially argue if the fittings off or theres any rubbing. I mean if they turn out to rub or damage the car I would drown in shipping costs and the whole bureaucracy of sending them back e.t.c.

sry for the long post o_O
Triumph is the only one I would consider for my Hellcat. A one stop shop. They get you setup perfectly with tires, balancing, and tpms sensors. I literally had mine on and running within minutes of delivery. Biz knows exactly how to make wheels for our Hellcats and knows the limits of how wide we can go. Price is premium but worth it in service and quality.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Triumph is the only one I would consider for my Hellcat. A one stop shop. They get you setup perfectly with tires, balancing, and tpms sensors. I literally had mine on and running within minutes of delivery. Biz knows exactly how to make wheels for our Hellcats and knows the limits of how wide we can go. Price is premium but worth it in service and quality.
Perfect I'll have a look into them!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
783 Posts
I typically modify my cars...but honestly every hellcat with different than stock wheels I have seen looks like ass....IMOP:D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is what you want to do, took our advice, good for you. Biz is the man!
yeah man well a lot of people here have been through a lot when it comes to wheels and I love the design I am going for! thanks guys!

I typically modify my cars...but honestly every hellcat with different than stock wheels I have seen looks like ass....IMOP:D
I love the stock wheels as well but I really like the designs Triumph make as well :D

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,471 Posts
So great; better comment you like the black stock wheels. Seriously being an owner of several Harley's and a custom if I decided to voice my negative opinion like that of the changes people do to their vehicles with over 14 visits to Sturgis now, I would not be in good shape.

Reactions: GOMER

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those look really cool but I am still sols on the m05.x by triumph. Going with a black finish car is white. If id go with gold I'd have to change a lot of blacks to gold/copper since I am going with a two tone build

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
796 Posts
Triumph Forged Wheels. Biz will take care of you and you will be satified.

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,681 Posts
got in touch with Triumph. Speaking to Bis and will be going through with the order! :D excite much!
What size wheels did you go with and what tires are you planning installing on them and what size tires?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,471 Posts
Those look really cool but I am still sols on the m05.x by triumph. Going with a black finish car is white. If id go with gold I'd have to change a lot of blacks to gold/copper since I am going with a two tone build
If you like them look at the M05.YX, they are similar, I have them. The openings are larger, so it is easier to wipe and clean the inside of the wheel with something soft in your hand instead of something worse.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What size wheels did you go with and what tires are you planning installing on them and what size tires?
Wheels are 21" wheels I think 9.5 front and 10.5 rear. Probably going with Michelin super sports 275 front 295 rear with a 35 profile until I lower the car probably go with a 30 then

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you like them look at the M05.YX, they are similar, I have them. The openings are larger, so it is easier to wipe and clean the inside of the wheel with something soft in your hand instead of something worse.
Thanks for the advice but I am sold on the MO5.X.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,872 Posts
If I where going to fit aftermarket wheels on mine I would go with Triumph. Good choice

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
made my decision and put an order in for M05.x wheels 20" instead of 21" since it was very hard to find the appropriate tires for the 21" boo!

anyways I'll be wrapping the fronts in 295 and rears 315 with nittos 555 G2s!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
143 Posts
Thanks for the advice but I am sold on the MO5.X.
I am late to the party, but I would recommend Triumph Performance Wheels. I was the second person to get M05.X wheels. I love mine. Fit perfectly with no rubbing on inner fenderwell or outer fender lip. Plus, Bismarck Alvarado is the nicest person I have ever done business with. You won't be disappointed!

http://s137.photobucket.com/user/Samson613/media/2016-10-02 14.32.25.jpg.html

http://s137.photobucket.com/user/Samson613/media/2016-10-02 14.32.25.jpg.html

1 - 20 of 35 Posts