SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, because of life being what it is, I had to sell my Hellcat a while back. I'm back on the market. Shortly after I sold it, like between 10 days and 2 weeks I had received 2 letters from a repo company near me saying that they were in custody of my vehicle and it was about to go to collection. I called them and told them it had been sold some time ago. I called the dealership I sold it to and spoke with the guy I had worked with. He said the car had been sold and the guy crashed it. Well, I'm pretty sure this is it. What is a realistic timeline for a stock Hellcat to be built to 1000hp? There is a shop in the area whose owner has a 9 second Hellcat Charger, so there is someone that can do the work, I'm just curious about the time it takes to get the parts, the likelihood that the shop had the parts needed, it's not a big shop or area.

Hell cat

Sad to see it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Take that 1,000 hp with a grain of salt. Probably just wrote that in the description to get people's attention. Definitely sad but at least it wasn't you.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take that 1,000 hp with a grain of salt. Probably just wrote that in the description to get people's attention. Definitely sad but at least it wasn't you.
I'm very certain it's a lie. That's why I'll curious if even pre covid, with a fully planned out build, could someone get it done that quickly.

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
810 Posts
Once you have all the parts, just the engine stuff can be done in a day or two. But, if I were to build a 1,000hp car, I'd also be doing some trans work, and the entire drivetrain, rear suspension (every single part swapped). That would take a few more days.

Overall, I'd wager 30 hours of work. I could make a 1,000hp Mustang in a day and a half. Mopars are a bit less friendly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts