SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be adding a revised Extreme Brace to the line up, positioned between the standard brace and patent pending DIRS. The revised Extreme brace borrows some of the key design features of the DIRS. It will attach to the differential using the two main case bolts and two secondary case bolts, use 10mm bolts to attach to the rear-crossmember and will also include two rubber isolators (not shown). Access to the fill and drain plugs remain in tact.

Here is a picture of a 3D print used for fitment, alignment and clearance validation.
NOTE: The black line represents the contour of additional webbing that will be added to the production units about 1/2 way down the line.

IMG_20190424_0752166.jpg

The new Extreme brace will be available in gloss brake caliper red and black powder coat. The kit will also include our PEM self-locking inserts. Plans are for the new Extreme to be available for purchase by the end of June.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
657 Posts
Who is this marketed to? I’m anticipating buying something down the road and thought the DIRS was the end all be all so now I’m a bit confused. Thx in advance for the education.

·
Bone Stock
Challenger SRT Demon
2,618 Posts
Who is this marketed to? I’m anticipating buying something down the road and thought the DIRS was the end all be all so now I’m a bit confused. Thx in advance for the education.
The DIRS is the best product we make. However some potential customers are looking for something lower priced. Since all we do is Mopar diff braces, we've decided to provide a few world-class options that work for all scenarios.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
782 Posts

I would imagine this is a cheaper insurance policy for those who don’t beat the crap out of their car (like I do).

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
657 Posts
I would imagine this is a cheaper insurance policy for those who don’t beat the crap out of their car (like I do).
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like all it takes is one single pass to bust everything up. Am I wrong? If it is an accumulation that creates damage then perhaps this in between model is right for me. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
782 Posts
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like all it takes is one single pass to bust everything up. Am I wrong? If it is an accumulation that creates damage then perhaps this in between model is right for me. Thanks!!

Just like anything else, there is no guarantees. I made a lot of passes on both my cats with no issues. That was before I installed the gen 1 brace. Many more after I installed the braces. I just ordered the beast brace to upgrade. Heck my wife broke the transmission in the stock charger. That hasn’t happen to many times. This new brace looks beefier than the gen 1. I may not upgrade the charger but definitely will the challenger.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,292 Posts
Subscribed

1 - 20 of 61 Posts