SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
214 Posts
Test fitment was perfect! this is on MELLOT-Z 2015 Challenger...
View attachment 525329
Car felt great, made several “spirited” 0-60 test runs on my way home from the install and launching was smooth as butter. I had the original Extreme brace which served me well. This new version is a much beefier, great looking piece that has more ground clearance and as a bonus the diff drain/fill holes seem much easier to access. Big thanks to Per4Mance Development for another great product!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
847 Posts
Man, this new version looks great!

It's next on my list, after fitting my 10.5" FR70 wheels and 315 Continentals.

I'll need it (like I don't, now...).

Bob

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,292 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Primetime HellCat 17

Somewhere you had asked why we were relaunching an "Extreme" Brace...

In 2017, our original goal was just keeping the diff in one-piece. Now that we have 2 years of owner and track feedback, we wanted to develop better products for all applications and budgets.

The preferred product for us to sell any customer is the DIRS. However being completely US made and sourced (other than the Dodge OEM bushing which is produced off-shore), the cost is more than some want to spend. It does provide the best protection and improve the way IRS works while having a diff brace. With over 225 DIRS sold, owner driving feedback is 100% positive. The car will launch very straight with the DIRS and take a little more throttle before inducing wheelspin. We also believe the DIRS should be warranty complaint when professionally installed on a new vehicle.

On the other end of the product line is the standard brace that's been in production for over 2 years now. This brace successfully ran an 8.99 on a modified Demon however as we have seen huge HP/TQ gains through tuning/modification its become clear the standard brace has limitations. The standard brace works for those on a budget on models like 5.7, 392 cars and stock Hellcats. This brace still sells very well today.

The yet-to-be-named brace in this thread is then targeted for those folks who want the best possible billet 1-piece brace. Attaching to the diff using 4 bolts and other enhancements make it an upgrade from our standard brace. It will retail just under $300 and will be 100% sourced and made in the US including ARP fasteners and our tool-less self-locking frame inserts.

Our R&D and product line is now complete.

Check us out at www.getper4mance.com - forum members use promo code hellcat.org for a discount anytime.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
Primetime HellCat 17

Attaching to the diff using 4 bolts and other enhancements make it an upgrade from our standard brace. It will retail just under $300 and will be 100% sourced and made in the US including ARP fasteners and our tool-less self-locking frame inserts.

Our R&D and product line is now complete.

Check us out at www.getper4mance.com - forum members use promo code hellcat.org for a discount anytime.
Evolution is a good thing, but an upgrade in what sense? What are the limitations of the original brace? On this latest brace are the 4 points of attachment to the rear itself meant to spread the load, and if so why? Maybe minimize fracture of the pumpkin? I’m at stock power now but would eventually want the room to grow. Traction improvements are the goal but preserving my rear is a big concern as well and wouldn't hesitate an eventual upgrade. Thanks

·
Bone Stock
Challenger SRT Demon
2,618 Posts
Evolution is a good thing, but an upgrade in what sense? What are the limitations of the original brace? On this latest brace are the 4 points of attachment to the rear itself meant to spread the load, and if so why? Maybe minimize fracture of the pumpkin? I’m at stock power now but would eventually want the room to grow. Traction improvements are the goal but preserving my rear is a big concern as well and wouldn't hesitate an eventual upgrade. Thanks
Main benefit is to spread the load and increase the rigidity of the bracing area.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
132 Posts
21 - 40 of 61 Posts