SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
151 Posts
This thing looks like a beast compared to the original; just picking it up you can tell how substantial it is. Can't wait to install it!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
101 Posts
I have a demon hood getting done in carbon and then a few other parts and then get orang candy clear on them

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
100 Posts
Received my new “extreme” brace. Presentation packaging is amazing, looks great, and feels crazy solid. Can’t wait to remove the original and install this thing!

Thanks, Per4ormance Development!

26F7DB55-103E-4C8C-BEC5-C5D5BCB93CBA.jpeg
05413EB9-923B-4964-95FE-86C90DEF85FE.jpeg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
244 Posts
Thank you for sharing your pictures of the brace installed in the car.

Out of the two pictures above that show the brace installed, it looks like the orange one has the black part shifted to the left (I'm assuming it's a rubber isolator or something) Is it possibly installed backwards since it's sticking out of one end and inset in the other. It looks centered in the red one.

My main reason for posting was to ask how the installations went. Did you install it with the car on ramps with the suspension loaded or was the car on jack stands? I'm wondering if either installation method will make a difference on how well the bolt holes will line up during installation.

Thanks,
Dean

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
100 Posts
Thanks for noticing! I’m a bit OCD, so I was focused on getting it right. One hole of the rubber isolator is oval, and the other is round to allow for centering (there are two exact same isolators with the kit).

After removing the the original brace, securing the new extreme brace was relatively easy. Nonetheless, I am supremely jealous of those lucky ones with the threaded cross member!

Finally, I had the car on jack stands because I am changed the driveshaft while being up on stands. However, the daughter’s weekend swim meets are currently taking precedence. I will provide a detailed install review of the CCI Driveshaft on my Charger once I’m finished.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
101 Posts
Thank you for sharing your pictures of the brace installed in the car.

Out of the two pictures above that show the brace installed, it looks like the orange one has the black part shifted to the left (I'm assuming it's a rubber isolator or something) Is it possibly installed backwards since it's sticking out of one end and inset in the other. It looks centered in the red one.

My main reason for posting was to ask how the installations went. Did you install it with the car on ramps with the suspension loaded or was the car on jack stands? I'm wondering if either installation method will make a difference on how well the bolt holes will line up during installation.

Thanks,
Dean
Sorry for the late reply I had it a a drive up lift

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
244 Posts
The first picture in the first post, which I'm assuming was the prototype, shows the upper bolts going directly against the brace itself. I noticed in the pictures in posts 52 and 53 above that there is a plate and rubber insulator between the upper bolt head and main brace. Question: Why is the extra plate and lower rubber insulator necessary?

Thanks,
Dean

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
The first picture in the first post, which I'm assuming was the prototype, shows the upper bolts going directly against the brace itself. I noticed in the pictures in posts 52 and 53 above that there is a plate and rubber insulator between the upper bolt head and main brace. Question: Why is the extra plate and lower rubber insulator necessary?

Thanks,
Dean
The washer plate and 2nd rubber isolator were added to this brace to improve NVH. The prototype picture did not have it included as the washer plates were not through manufacturing at the time. Feedback has been positive...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
244 Posts
I just finished installing mine tonight. Let's give some love to the black brace. I like things that blend in and don't stand out. With that being said, here's my boring black brace installed on my car.

The installation went very easy. The only thing I had to do was slightly drill out the passenger-side hole in my crossmember. I used a 7/16" drill bit to widen the hole so the bolt would go through with the brace installed. I would like to say that it's designed so that sockets can easily be used to torque all six bolts with a torque wrench. Nicely done P4D!

P4D Billet Brace (2).JPG

P4D Billet Brace (3).JPG

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
102 Posts
I just finished installing mine tonight. Let's give some love to the black brace. I like things that blend in and don't stand out. With that being said, here's my boring black brace installed on my car.

The installation went very easy. The only thing I had to do was slightly drill out the passenger-side hole in my crossmember. I used a 7/16" drill bit to widen the hole so the bolt would go through with the brace installed. I would like to say that it's designed so that sockets can easily be used to torque all six bolts with a torque wrench. Nicely done P4D!

View attachment 547824

View attachment 547825
I too prefer the blended look, the piece looks great.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts