SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soooo it seems that the prices are up lately. Just curious what you guys think I could get for my car. It’s a 16 challenger 6-speed I’m the 2nd owner. No wrecks. 13,xxx miles. 2.85 pulley, Id 1300 injectors made 854 rwhp on e85. You can’t hurt my feelings I’m just kicking the idea around if the price was right but what would be a fair price on the private market or a dealer that actually sells modified cars?

On another note I’m struggling with wrapping my head around selling because I’m not sure what I would replace it with that would be faster without a lot of money.

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,743 Posts
Selling in a market like this only makes sense if you arent going to give it back by just going out and buying right away. In other words you hit it on the head yourself. “Replace it without a lot of money”. Thats the rub. Prob not going to happen.

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So that’s what I’ve been seeing lately. Big difference in 13,000 miles and 41,000 miles plus the mods. If I could get north of 60k I’d have to look at it. Im talking to a dealer that has some other high end cars tomorrow to see what he says. Nothing wrong with finding out what he’ll offer
$56K+

Vroom must not be making much | SRT Hellcat Forum

I had 41k miles. same car other than the mods.

They gave me $55k and sold the car for $52,999 after having it up for close to what they gave me.

View attachment 577185

· Registered
1,580 Posts
So that’s what I’ve been seeing lately. Big difference in 13,000 miles and 41,000 miles plus the mods. If I could get north of 60k I’d have to look at it. Im talking to a dealer that has some other high end cars tomorrow to see what he says. Nothing wrong with finding out what he’ll offer
Not to be harsh, but I really can't see them buying a modded car without having a hard time selling it local because they'd likely try to sell the car as modded and faster at a dealer like that. Vroom has the ability to leave out all that juicy mod detail and only have pics for those who know what to look for, and I highly doubt anyone willing to spend well above a cars KBB @ a 10+% interest rate will know what a metco pulley looks like making people only see a 13k mile stick hellcat for sale which does not pop up often. I had the only manual car on vroom for a lil while but they're getting more, and they're all pending sale for BREAD.

I predict you might get close to $60k locally, but likely your best bet will be someone online.

Either way, post a pic and good luck with sale!

· Registered
A Van Down by the River
8,144 Posts
Soooo it seems that the prices are up lately. Just curious what you guys think I could get for my car. It’s a 16 challenger 6-speed I’m the 2nd owner. No wrecks. 13,xxx miles. 2.85 pulley, Id 1300 injectors made 854 rwhp on e85. You can’t hurt my feelings I’m just kicking the idea around if the price was right but what would be a fair price on the private market or a dealer that actually sells modified cars?

On another note I’m struggling with wrapping my head around selling because I’m not sure what I would replace it with that would be faster without a lot of money.
For the money, you're not going to be able to replace it with anything that's quicker without building something starting with a cheaper platform. As much as I loved my Hellcats and now my current ZL1, there's no better bang for the buck for going fast in a straight line than the Hellcat. Now if you desire a vehicle that will go fast in a straight line and can take some turns too, there are options available like the GT350, CTS-V, C7 Z06 or a ZL1, but all of those options will be a little slower than a Hellcat in a straight line but can be made to outperform a Hellcat with a few mods, it just going to cost you some mod money. It will also depend on your needs as far as passenger seating, ride comfort, 2 vs 4 doors.

As for the value of your car, I'd say it will sell around 48-50K, even with a manual trans right now. You can certainly ask more for it, but it might take quite a while to sell it above that price. A lot will depend on your location too, prices vary as much 3-5K depending on location.

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not to be harsh, but I really can't see them buying a modded car without having a hard time selling it local because they'd likely try to sell the car as modded and faster at a dealer like that. Vroom has the ability to leave out all that juicy mod detail and only have pics for those who know what to look for, and I highly doubt anyone willing to spend well above a cars KBB @ a 10+% interest rate will know what a metco pulley looks like making people only see a 13k mile stick hellcat for sale which does not pop up often. I had the only manual car on vroom for a lil while but they're getting more, and they're all pending sale for BREAD.

I predict you might get close to $60k locally, but likely your best bet will be someone online.

Either way, post a pic and good luck with sale!
Yeah that’s why I wasn’t leaning towards vroom or a large dealer. From previous experience with dealers they typically don’t like to value mods so I usually sell private. You typically don’t get close to what you spent but it helps give you a little bit more

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the money, you're not going to be able to replace it with anything that's quicker without building something starting with a cheaper platform. As much as I loved my Hellcats and now my current ZL1, there's no better bang for the buck for going fast in a straight line than the Hellcat. Now if you desire a vehicle that will go fast in a straight line and can take some turns too, there are options available like the GT350, CTS-V, C7 Z06 or a ZL1, but all of those options will be a little slower than a Hellcat in a straight line but can be made to outperform a Hellcat with a few mods, it just going to cost you some mod money. It will also depend on your needs as far as passenger seating, ride comfort, 2 vs 4 doors.

As for the value of your car, I'd say it will sell around 48-50K, even with a manual trans right now. You can certainly ask more for it, but it might take quite a while to sell it above that price. A lot will depend on your location too, prices vary as much 3-5K depending on location.
I’m not as concerned with speed right now I’ll build whatever I buy over time. But I’m looking at gtr’s and turbo 911’s. At 48-50k I wouldn’t sell it would have to be upper 50’s. I love the hellcat but I get bored with cars after a while. It’s just a weekend toy I take out occasionally to the gym or on the highway and do a couple pulls. I don’t race and just enjoy the cars. But I do feel like whatever I buy may feel slow until it’s modded.

· Registered
A Van Down by the River
8,144 Posts
I’m not as concerned with speed right now I’ll build whatever I buy over time. But I’m looking at gtr’s and turbo 911’s. At 48-50k I wouldn’t sell it would have to be upper 50’s. I love the hellcat but I get bored with cars after a while. It’s just a weekend toy I take out occasionally to the gym or on the highway and do a couple pulls. I don’t race and just enjoy the cars. But I do feel like whatever I buy may feel slow until it’s modded.
Yea, you won't match your current setup sense of speed for anywhere near what you can sell your car for. I really don't see you getting high 50's for your car so it may be a moot point.

· Registered
3,290 Posts
Selling in a market like this only makes sense if you arent going to give it back by just going out and buying right away. In other words you hit it on the head yourself. “Replace it without a lot of money”. Thats the rub. Prob not going to happen.
Precisely why I ended up keeping mine. No point when I have to waste all that profit just to get into something else I want

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, you won't match your current setup sense of speed for anywhere near what you can sell your car for. I really don't see you getting high 50's for your car so it may be a moot point.
If that’s the case I’ll keep it. I wouldn’t trade it in for 48 or something like that for a dealer to turn around and put it up for sale for 60k. Plus I can’t replace it for 48.

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I checked vroom and they have a 16 with 12,700 miles for $59,500. So a few hundred miles less than mine. Did the estimate to sell mine…. 41k…. Lol right good luck with that vroom. It’s going to have to be a smaller dealer but I’ll see what this guy today says

· Registered
A Van Down by the River
8,144 Posts
If that’s the case I’ll keep it. I wouldn’t trade it in for 48 or something like that for a dealer to turn around and put it up for sale for 60k. Plus I can’t replace it for 48.
Agreed, but also understand that just because a dealer advertises your trade in for 5-10K above what they gave you for it doesn't mean they will sell it for that price. People love to think they got a great deal by haggling and the dealer don't mind coming off that price 3-4K to make a customer feel like they got a great deal when that's all the dealer was hoping to get anyway. Some people see these prices that used car dealers are asking for these cars and think their cars are worth that but they're not, the dealer is just starting high and letting the customer talk them down to where they want to be. A lot depends on the dealer, a small dealer might hold your car longer because they need every dollar they can get from it, a larger dealer moves more cars in volume and can afford to make a smaller profit because they move so many cars per month.

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No I get it. I’ve bought and sold a ton of cars. I just don’t really mess with big dealers anymore. Like I would never roll into dodge and try to trade in a car. Plus they don’t have anything I would drive at this point.
Agreed, but also understand that just because a dealer advertises your trade in for 5-10K above what they gave you for it doesn't mean they will sell it for that price. People love a bargain and the dealer don't mind coming off that price 3-4K to make a customer feel like they got a great deal when that's all the dealer was hoping to get anyway. Some people see these prices that used car dealers are asking for these cars and think their cars are worth that but they're not, the dealer is just starting high and letting the customer talk them down to where they want to be. A lot depends on the dealer, a small dealer might hold your car longer because they need every dollar they can get from it, a larger dealer moves more cars in volume and can afford to take a small profit because they move so many cars per month.

· Registered
A Van Down by the River
8,144 Posts
So I checked vroom and they have a 16 with 12,700 miles for $59,500. So a few hundred miles less than mine. Did the estimate to sell mine…. 41k…. Lol right good luck with that vroom. It’s going to have to be a smaller dealer but I’ll see what this guy today says
All these places like Carvana and VROOM vary wildly based on location. I've seen some people get high quotes based on their location and some get low quotes. For every person that tells you that one of those places offered them 60K, there's a dozen more that got offered 45K.

· Registered
A Van Down by the River
8,144 Posts
No I get it. I’ve bought and sold a ton of cars. I just don’t really mess with big dealers anymore. Like I would never roll into dodge and try to trade in a car. Plus they don’t have anything I would drive at this point.
Yea, I'm just being realistic with you because I went through the same thing last year when I sold my car. My 2016 Challenger Hellcat was pristine and no one wanted to offer more than 44K, I finally had several local dealers make me some offers and I played them against each to keep offering more. I ended up getting 48.5K and mine was an auto. Your M6 will be worth less but used car values are about as high as they've been and they were way up even when I got rid of mine in October of last year. That's why I think realistically, you can get 48-50K, maybe just a LITTLE more depending on your location but that's probably top dollar unless your patient enough to leave it on the market for months hoping for that one buyer that will pay way above market value. What really hurts your resale is that its manual, almost no one wants them.

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea, I'm just being realistic with you because I went through the same thing last year when I sold my car. My 2016 Challenger Hellcat was pristine and no one wanted to offer more than 44K, I finally had several local dealers make me some offers and I played them against each to keep offering more. I ended up getting 48.5K and mine was an auto. Your M6 will be worth less but used car values are about as high as they've been and they were way up even when I got rid of mine in October of last year. That's why I think realistically, you can get 48-50K, maybe just a LITTLE more depending on your location but that's probably top dollar unless your patient enough to leave it on the market for months hoping for that one buyer that will pay way above market value.
Im on the fence either way. If they offered me $55,000 -$60,000 I’d have to really think about it. I’m going to a more expensive car that is wayyyyyy slower than my car. So it would basically have to be a deal that was too good to pass up. Was talking to a gtr owner with a full bolt on gtr went 60-130 in 8.3 on pump gas. Hellcats are stupid fast in a straight line

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.