SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

problems after tint ?

12911 21
Just had my windows tinted, now when the car shuts off the horn blows non-stop. Anyone have any ideas? The flashers and radio were flickering as well, that is no longer happening but the horn issue sill is
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
people who get the windshield tinted have reported problems when water got down into the dash

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They'd have to use lot of water, I was here when they did it, they had towels etc down on the dash as well. Not saying it couldn't have happened, but they do lot of the dealer cars an no issues

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The hazard lights flickering has stopped but the horn still has the issue, we have removed the front and rear tint and nothing has change. And the car rental place was already closed so i have it for now. Will see what happens tomorrow after it has a day to try out. Going to see if that helps, if not, take it back to the dealer Wed AM and let them look into it.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,944 Posts
This is the third time this issue has arose. All three have tinted the windshield. Any moisture in the dash is setting the cat on edge. Let it dry out. Maybe a fan circulating air in the rolled down window of the car.

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well i can't do the fan thing, but i do live/work in the desert haha, so hopefully as it sits in the sun tomorrow it will dry out. I told Dodge that i would let it dry out for a day and hook the horns back up and see what they do.

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let her dry out for a few days, not still continued to do the horn issue. She is at the dealer now getting looked into, hopefully it ends up not being a big deal, and hopefully i will hear something tomorrow

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,944 Posts
I would consider it a big deal if they have to remove the dash and service electronics. I don't live in the desert, but I have never heard of tinting your windshield before. Guess the cat needs to come with a warning about that. Hope things turn out well.

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tinting the front isn't THAT uncommon, and like others have posted its more or less a clear tint just to help keep the heat out. They've had it since yesterday so hopefully i will hear something in the next day or so

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The tint shops is aware of the issue, since it stated in there shop. They also do pretty much all the tint for that dealership so i "shouldn't" have any issues. Got a call today they traced it down to a short in the BCM. They have one on order and will hopefully get it and get the car done on Friday. I just want my baby haha, i need to get some more miles on her before i go to MATS. But, for anyone that does think about doing front window tint, be aware of the water getting into some place it shouldn't.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
25 Posts
The tint shops is aware of the issue, since it stated in there shop. They also do pretty much all the tint for that dealership so i "shouldn't" have any issues. Got a call today they traced it down to a short in the BCM. They have one on order and will hopefully get it and get the car done on Friday. I just want my baby haha, i need to get some more miles on her before i go to MATS. But, for anyone that does think about doing front window tint, be aware of the water getting into some place it shouldn't.
Was this a invasive process to fix this bcm?

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry on the delay, i don't think it was that invasive, took longer to order the part. I think i gave it to them on a Tues, and they got it back to me on Fri. Haven't had any issues since, and i did go back and get the front redone. Drove it for a long weekend before i parked it before i headed back overseas, and had no issues. Tint came out pretty well to, i like it. We still weren't sure if it was water related, or an issue when they jumped the car. Chrysler was leaning towards and issue when they jumped it. Why they jumped it i don't know. But the shop was really cool and helpful etc. So i don't really "fault" them, just luck of the draw. But so far so good

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.