SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible for the dealer or someone with a Launch scan tool to program options on our cars much like a burn box does? I know my wife’s car can be programmed by the dealer to have the mirrors fold in upon putting the car in park and it got me to thinking if the dealer or someone with a Launch scan tool would be able to program some things with our cars completely bypassing the need for a burn box. Thoughts?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,973 Posts
Can’t imagine the dealer would be willing even if they could. i say just go the burn box.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are to trying to have programmed in?
The line lock and cool down features Immediately come to mind. If an aftermarket plug in device can do it I would think it could be programmed. Obviously the car is capable of doing it. Why couldn’t it be internally programmed to do so?

·
Registered
493 Posts
The line lock and cool down features Immediately come to mind. If an aftermarket plug in device can do it I would think it could be programmed. Obviously the car is capable of doing it. Why couldn’t it be internally programmed to do so?
I dont think that function exists within the computer. I beleive its the aftermarket plug in device that is controlling the function.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
884 Posts
ChallyTatum from LXForums and Challenger Talk has used AlfaOBD to enable Launch Control on his M6 Challenger.

Check out his thread:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ChallyTatum from LXForums and Challenger Talk has used AlfaOBD to enable Launch Control on his M6 Challenger.

Check out his thread:

Thanks I appreciate it! I had a feeling this was possible. Hopefully this will gain some traction as time goes on and you won’t require any device to plug into the OBD II port to allow to perform certain things.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
884 Posts
Thanks I appreciate it! I had a feeling this was possible. Hopefully this will gain some traction as time goes on and you won’t require any device to plug into the OBD II port to allow to perform certain things.
I've already programmed:

Windows down, with fob.
Disabled DRL dropout, with turn signal.
Linked memory settings to fob.

Working on Nav In Motion.

The key is to find a BCM read that emulates the function you are trying to add. All of these features are already there. We just need to figure out the secret handshake, like ChallyTatum did.

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've already programmed:

Windows down, with fob.
Disabled DRL dropout, with turn signal.
Linked memory settings to fob.

Working on Nav In Motion.

All done using what to program? Care to share a “how to”?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
884 Posts
All done using what to program? Care to share a “how to”?
AlfaOBD and an OBDLink MX bluetooth dongle... to access the BCM. After programming, no need to keep it plugged in.

I created an AlfaOBD how to, on this forum, for the windows and DRL's.

There is a GREAT 1100 page Alfa thread, on RamForums:

Read post 1, then search is your friend.

Bob

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
337 Posts
Sssshh, Bob. ;)

Reactions: Diboblo
1 - 12 of 12 Posts