SRT Hellcat Forum banner

901 - 920 of 969 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
591 Posts
Here is what I broke

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Ouch !!! Looks like you found the limit for the G Force DS, you were getting the front wheels off the ground at launch too !!! I have a G Force DS also 😲

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,599 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #904
Ouch !!! Looks like you found the limit for the G Force DS, you were getting the front wheels off the ground at launch too !!! I have a G Force DS also
I have 20,000 miles plus over 100 passes on it . If I were you I would get 2 sonnax adaptors and get rid of the 2 cast steel flanges and aluminum adaptors . I ready took measurements and they will fit perfect and be a much better set up.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #905
Which end was the scrape on,Trans or Diff?

Linda :)
Thats the transmission end that broke . The scrapes are from hitting the piece of broken flange I think.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,599 Posts
I thought it may have been at the Trans end
Good thing you caught it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
591 Posts
I have 20,000 miles plus over 100 passes on it . If I were you I would get 2 sonnax adaptors and get rid of the 2 cast steel flanges and aluminum adaptors . I ready took measurements and they will fit perfect and be a much better set up.

I will check into it, that would also make it a lot easier to install. For some reason on my DS, the end of the DS with the flex joint would only fit on the diff adapter. Also what is your RWHP ? and were you running DRs in back ? My car is 6M with 295/40 20 P Zeros in back.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #908
I will check into it, that would also make it a lot easier to install. For some reason on my DS, the end of the DS with the flex joint would only fit on the diff adapter. Also what is your RWHP ? and were you running DRs in back ? My car is 6M with 295/40 20 P Zeros in back.
I have no idea what my HP/TQ is . Yes I was running street R;s at the time it broke .

I think your slip joint issues is because of the shifter . There is more room back there on an A8

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #909
Well folks it's time to call it a race season . I want to get the right driveshaft and not rush into things . I got very lucky on this failure and I don't want to push my luck.
My ultimate goal was 9.99 on pump gas ..... I think I have achieved that goal and then some! I am shocked and amazed at what this car has done so far [email protected] with a 1.41 60 foot . Also 30,000 kms( 20,000 miles) and just over 100 drag strip passes . I have a few upgrades planned for over the winter months . A few have been shelved due to the driveshaft debacle but that's ok . I have lots of time to play with this car .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
591 Posts
I have no idea what my HP/TQ is . Yes I was running street R;s at the time it broke .

I think your slip joint issues is because of the shifter . There is more room back there on an A8

I also have a Hurst short throw shifter the clearance to the DS is about .2" !! I also have an S&M Driveshaft loop, which I would highly recommend.

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,602 Posts
I am definitely getting a driveshaft loop! Thanks for the recommendation,

That was my thought when yours broke. It was one of the reasons I originally went with the CF ds originally.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,599 Posts
I have decided to get a new driveshaft . It's not worth the risk .

That's Right!
What DS are you going to install?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
127 Posts
I have been following your progress and was a lot of good knowledge put out there., it is cool all the small details that made the difference., to bad you can’t be in Florida for the winter to keep this project going! Good luck

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #916
I have been following your progress and was a lot of good knowledge put out there., it is cool all the small details that made the difference., to bad you can’t be in Florida for the winter to keep this project going! Good luck
Thanks . This is a lot of fun . If anything I did can help just 1 person then it is worth it . Plus it's like a note book to keep my notes in lol.
Over the winter months is when the big mods get installed

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #917
Speaking of mods ...... Here is the list so far:

Carbon fiber demon hood
Demon air box for function fresh air hood/box
Ported supercharger
Flowmaster exhaust modified to fit my cat delete so I have a full 3inch from manifolds to tips .

·
Registered
In The Market
3,345 Posts
Speaking of mods ...... Here is the list so far:

Carbon fiber demon hood
Demon air box for function fresh air hood/box
Ported supercharger
Flowmaster exhaust modified to fit my cat delete so I have a full 3inch from manifolds to tips .

If you go with Anderson Composits, they used my car for the final trial fitment. That is my car on their web site. Great People that do what they say........

Also if you get a Demon Air Box, I do think it is the almost exactly the same as 19 Hellcat. Just sayin.......

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #919
If you go with Anderson Composits, they used my car for the final trial fitment. That is my car on their web site. Great People that do what they say........

Also if you get a Demon Air Box, I do think it is the almost exactly the same as 19 Hellcat. Just sayin.......
Thanks for the info . Yes it will be an Anderson's hood . That's pretty cool that they used your car . I actually got a screaming deal on a AFE demon style air box setup . It was too good to pass up and cheaper then getting a complete 2019 stock setup .

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,599 Posts
@hpindy Are you going to be coming to ATCO?

901 - 920 of 969 Posts