SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1056 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,001
Well folks the drive shaft in and the exhaust is back on . I'm just waiting on the new windshield washer hose and nozzles and a new connector for the fuel pressure sensor . Then I will start planning my next round of "sneaky"

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,002
While I was "rain X" ing my glass on my car today I noticed a surprisingly large amount of bug guts smeared on the INSIDE of the glass!

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,861 Posts
Man @hpindy they must have been really crispy and dried on!
How long did it take to clean up?

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,004
Man @hpindy they must have been really crispy and dried on!
How long did it take to clean up?

Linda :)
Yes and the weird part is I don't remember crushing them on the inside of the glass lol . I spent about 2 hours on the glass inside and out .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,005
My OCD was working in overdrive . I had to put the windshield washer squirters in . I have a functioning windshield washer system .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,006 (Edited)
I ordered a set of TTI 1 7/8 stepped 2 in long tube headers with catless connection pipes and I just got word the wait on them is months away so to my contact got me a set of AFE 2 in headers with catless connection pipes for a deal I couldn't refuse . They will be jet hot coated also :). stay tuned for pics and install....

Yes these are website pictures lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,007
Well I put the insurance back on the car starting May 1 . Hopefully we don't get anymore freaking snow or freezing temps because if we do the DOT(MTO) will salt the roads again. . I have been tuning the new throttle body and I got start up , idle and low speed working pretty good just need to do higher speeds and WOT . Still waiting for headers . I probably won't install them till later in the summer after at least 1 track outing .

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,634 Posts
I am doing the same for the 1st. Hoping I get to use the damn thing before the end of May. 🤞

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,009
Well I had the cat out Friday night and today . I have been logging and tuning . I got the start up , idle , and street driving smooth as glass . Just need the tracks to open so I can do WOT . One thing I noticed is my IAT's are warmer then they use to be driving around town . If I get the throttle open more the 25% they drop like a stone . My theory is with the bigger throttle body the blade is barely open so the air has tome to heat up . On a plus not I got my intercooler temp down to 3 deg C above ambient at low speed and 2 deg C at highway speeds or greater .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,010
Well. Boys and girls . The car is done getting its alignment. The front is stock demon specs the rear is toe and caster stock demon specs but 0.5+ camber on both sides . Let's see how that does . The only issue my Ocd has is every time I hit a sharp bump I'm getting a clunk or thud in the rear and it's driving me crazy . The only change is the AAD adjustable upper control arms .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,011
Ok I figured out the "thud / clunk" . 1 st mistake ..... Always torque suspension bolts with weight on the tires at ride right. Never at full droop !. I put the stock seats back in and I dropped the front rims off at the tire shop to get 2 new tires installed .

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,634 Posts
Ok I figured out the "thud / clunk" . 1 st mistake ..... Always torque suspension bolts with weight on the tires at ride right. Never at full droop !. I put the stock seats back in and I dropped the front rims off at the tire shop to get 2 new tires installed .

Didn't we have that talk once before. LOL

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,634 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,017
Project Demons breath got some new front skins today .
Continental - ExtremeContact DWS06 - P255/45R20

I chose these for a variety of reasons . It's not a road coarse car so I don't need gargantuan tires on the front , they have excellent dry and wet traction and handling, great hydroplaning resistance, harder compound to last a bit longer , quiet and smooth .
I moved the original front tires to the rear as the rear seemed to bald for some unknown reason . After I burn errr I mean wear these junk Pirellis down I will invest in a good rear tire .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,019
Well my header deal fell through again . This covid Crap is putting a damper on project demons breath . So I switched gears and have a new mod on the way . I'm hoping to install it this weekend with pictures of how I modified the mod to my idea . Stay tuned ..................

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,020
Well some parts showed up today . I'm going do a full 3 inch exhaust from manifold to tips . I have a set of stainless works catless mids that are 3 inch . I got a flowmaster cat back system. What I'm going to is remove the part the necks down to 2 3/4 and put a 3 inch adaptor in to go from the catless mids to the X pipe . Then after I get it the way I want it I'm going to get the catless mids, adaptors and X pipe ceramic coated to keep the heat in the pipes . Then down the road when I get headers I can just do a small mod to the header connector pipes and connect it right to the exhaust and still have a full 3 inch .

1001 - 1020 of 1056 Posts