SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1056 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,021
Yes that's a dent in the mid pipe . That happened when I broke my driveshaft. I'm also keeping the active exhaust valves. I like the mellow sound when cruising around town .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,022
I have a few different mufflers to try also .

Flowmaster FlowFX
Flowmaster super 40
Dynomax VT
Dynomax ultraflo .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,023
Well I got phase one of the exhaust on . Im starting with the flowmaster FX muffler . I'm torn with the flowmaster super 40 mufflers . They sound great but don't flow very well . The dynomax VT mufflers have a 3 inch inlet/outlet but necks down to almost 2.5 in inside . I'm very disappointed with these mufflers . I have dynomax ultraflo's on the shelf for a future test . Unfortunately I don't have a hoist and do everything on Jack stands . I'm going to visit a friend with a hoist so I can inspect the system and re-tighten all the clamps and check the alignment of everything. I couldn't get everything to 3 in or larger . The smallest joint is about 2 15/16 . When I get the mid pipes and X pipe ceramic coated I will get an exhaust shop to bump it up for me with a hydraulic tubing expander . I will get some better pics when it's up on the hoist .
Btw I actually think the car is quieter inside at idle and low speed driving and doesn't have that "crackle" and more when letting off the throttle.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
149 Posts
Looks pretty cool and nice job!! I did the 3 inch cat back straight and didn’t think till now but I haven’t noticed any poping either

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,038
Looks pretty cool and nice job!! I did the 3 inch cat back straight and didn’t think till now but I haven’t noticed any poping either
I believe the stock exhaust system is meant to work together from the stock manifold back to the tips and once you change one item it throws the whole thing off .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
270 Posts
I believe the stock exhaust system is meant to work together from the stock manifold back to the tips and once you change one item it throws the whole thing off .

That's a shame. Be sure to set those mids aside for me when the long tubes arrive. ;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,040
That's a shame. Be sure to set those mids aside for me when the long tubes arrive. ;)
Lol no problem.
Yeah the full stock exhaust sounded great but I find once you change 1 piece in it then it throws every off sound wise ( sound is subjective) . I now have the stock manifolds , stainless works catless mid pipes and a 3 in flowmaster exhaust. I went with the FX series exhaust because I wanted to keep the active exhaust and the FX mufflers flow better then the chambered mufflers. The only modification I did was where the flow master X pipe was crimped down to meet the factor 2 3/4 mid pipes I expanded it back up as much as I could and it's about 2 15/16 . When i do the long tubes I will get a better pipe expander and get it up to 3 in ID .
I must say the flowmaster pipes really tuck up under the car nicely . I'm going to get some pics as soon as I can get it up on a hoist .

1021 - 1040 of 1056 Posts