SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1282 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,221
If you dial it back to E60 you will net all the benefits and likely stay within your current window for injector flow rate and IDC.
That's what I'm doing now

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,230
Well I'm driving home now . I will post a synopsis once get home .

Let see ..... Drive 6 hours to the track , change 4 tires , put fuel in car , run 9.3's @ 148 , reverse everything and drive home .......

I love this car !

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,231
Synopsis of the weekend :

This is a car I can drive anywhere any time. This weekend the got the usual race prep .
Remove passengers seat , install viper drivers seat and bolt on 4 wheels and tires . That's it for my race prep . The only other thing for this weekend I tried my flex fuel tune for the first time at the track .

This is basically a demon / redeye engine with a 10% OD lower pulley ...that's it . No chillers , no ice box , no 15 in conversation, no aftermarket superchargers . It's a pretty simple set up . I used as many factory parts as I could . Some of them are from a different model but they are still factory .
You have all heard me say " it's all the little things "
In my opinion the 2.7L IHI is a fantastic street supercharger when set up properly. You can't spin the bejesus out of them or expect miracles. After all it is a factory installed part .

I did find out this weekend the limitation of 1050X injectors so I will be addressing that with a set of 1300's for next year . I also ran into torque management issues from the new found power of the E85 but I figured them out and addressed them . Every time I fixed 1 issue a new one would pop up . But atleast I'm able to deal with them .

So for next season I will be doing the drop in rods and pistons and 1300 injectors and continuing my E85 adventure.

Man I love this car !

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
699 Posts
Sorry I couldn't make it out to see this. Spent $300 in rustproofing on Friday, prepared all week/weekend for my French exams (have another in 10 mins), and then our well pressure tank went out (another 8 bills). And of course it starts snowing this morning. FML.

Guess I just have to live vicariously through you. Congrats!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,233
Sorry I couldn't make it out to see this. Spent $300 in rustproofing on Friday, prepared all week/weekend for my French exams (have another in 10 mins), and then our well pressure tank went out (another 8 bills). And of course it starts snowing this morning. FML.

Guess I just have to live vicariously through you. Congrats!
Shoot we all get busy with life . No worries. I'm sure we will brain storm over the winter and giver a shot next year

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,236
So with 305/45/17's and a 2.62 gear I was able to get consistent 1.35 sixty foots and the best of 1.34 on a well prepped track . And 1.41's on a marginal prepped track . Once I figured out my suspension and tire pressure guage.

Let's see what I can do with 315/50/17's and a 3.09 gear .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,239
Well folk it's been a great year but it is now time for project demons breath away for the winter .

9.63 in the 1/4 mile on pump gas
1.34 sixty foot on pump gas
6.13 in the 1/8 mile on pump gas
114 mph in the 1/8 mile on pump gas
9.34 in the 1/4 mile on E85
148 mph in the 1/4 on E85
6.03 in the 1/8 on E85
118 mph in the 1/8 on E85

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,240
The big reveal for 2020 !!!

I installed a demon create ECU in my car and made it work . I got everything working but the trans brake but once the border opens I will have that functional. Here is what it got me in my car

Line lock ( 2018's did not have this feature )

After race cool down ( 2018 did not have this feature). No chiller just the fans and intercooler pump running )

Drag mode ( gives you transmission and suspension settings )

High Octane mode ( need center stack in to work )

I was able to get the center stack , shocks , struts, ECU and a few other various parts from a crashed demon . The center stack gave me the ability to get High Octane mode working in conjunction with the create ecu . The shocks and struts completed the full demon suspension hardware ( I already had the springs and sway bars) . With the demon ecu I was able to get the drag active suspension calibration so I completed the full package for the demon suspension. I have tested the High Octane mode on the street but never got a chance at the track . I also did flex fuel tuning on the demon create ecu so that gives me 4 different ignition timing maps to use .
Base ( pump gas ) , base alcohol ( E85 ) , H.O ( race gas ) , and H.O alcohol ( ignite 90 or equivalent ) . I will be testing this in full detail next season . Over the winter I will be doing drop in pistons and rod to help the motor live under the now found power of E85 and bigger injectors and a BAP to help supply enough fuel volume. I have already secured the injectors, BAP to and a set of 315/50/17 street R's. I got a good deal on a set of FIC 1200's and also bought a new JMS dual BAP and the street R's from a project that changed directions .
If you are wondering how I got the demon create ecu to work I have a friend who does tuning on large machinery and has about $50K in Tuning gear . The 2 of us spent a lot of evenings and weekends making this work . It was a fun project but time consuming. It was worth the effort to me though . Yes I will have the transbrake working next season . Will I use it ...... I'm sure I will to play with it at the track . Do I need it ...... Probably not but hey why not if I can .
This has been a blast working on this car and making it my own . On another note I was able to get "auto up" windows working in my car . Both windows will "auto up/down" now .

1221 - 1240 of 1282 Posts