SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1282 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,244
Got my FIC 1200's today . I got them installed and tuned so the car starts and idles really well . Unfortunately I have to wait till spring to really get them dialed in .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
334 Posts
I have to thank hpindy for making the big drive to come out to my track.
It was about 43-46f out which didnt help him with traction. But i know this car is capable of running nines. Here is a video I took of his quick pass. Sorry about the middle of it i zoomed in and shouldnt have:(.
You can see how much rubber is really laid down when you leave..cool

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,249
I’m happy with the JMS in my C7Z. They aren’t as popular on the Hellcat stuff. Did you go with the JMS because you got a deal on it over the KB?
Yes a friend I go racing with bought it but then went a different route so I bought it off him . I did some research and I like the JMS better then the kenne bell unit .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,250
Well folks we made it back in one piece . We had to cut the trip short due to really bad weather . So instead of 50 miles in 4 days we di 20 miles in 2 days . I realized one thing on this trip ....... I'm not 30 years old any more lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
699 Posts
Well folks we made it back in one piece . We had to cut the trip short due to really bad weather . So instead of 50 miles in 4 days we di 20 miles in 2 days . I realized one thing on this trip ....... I'm not 30 years old any more lol

Well a bear didn't eat you, and I am assuming you didn't cuddle a porcupine, so those are always positives - despite being old.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,252
Well a bear didn't eat you, and I am assuming you didn't cuddle a porcupine, so those are always positives - despite being old.
You work up quite and appetite hiking like that .... I think the bears could smell our hunger and stayed away . . A porcupine is one animal I won't mess with !
10 years a go I did 50 miles in 22 hours through hilly , rocky terrain

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,253
Ordered my pistons today ! I went with custom diamond pistons . 4.09 bore with 9,5 to 1 compression with a few key areas to improve strength and longevity. Essentially the same diameter and compression ratio as stock just beefier . ........ Ignight 90 here we come !

·
Registered
699 Posts
Ordered my pistons today ! I went with custom diamond pistons . 4.09 bore with 9,5 to 1 compression with a few key areas to improve strength and longevity. Essentially the same diameter and compression ratio as stock just beefier . ........ Ignight 90 here we come !

Is it wrong that I think you should have gone for a half-point to a full point bump in compression on ethanol?

Especially with the stock RE/Demon cam.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,255
Is it wrong that I think you should have gone for a half-point to a full point bump in compression on ethanol?

Especially with the stock RE/Demon cam.
I actually considered that but I road trip this car a lot and sometimes have to use 91 octane pump gas . So I kept it close to stock because I know it will be ok as I have done it so far with out issue .

·
Registered
699 Posts
I actually considered that but I road trip this car a lot and sometimes have to use 91 octane pump gas . So I kept it close to stock because I know it will be ok as I have done it so far with out issue .

For the sake of bench racing:

While my TBSS does not make near the power your car does; so we'll call this: an apples to crab apples comparison. It is a factory 10.9:1 engine with a Procharger and lives on a diet of 91 octane, propane (a lovely meth substitute) and has a native flex fuel system installed - it is pretty safe (like Ottawa to Drag Week safe). We know it is within your abilities to de-tune the car for that road trip... because come on, man you're coming to Napierville 90% of the time and tuning it when you get there anyway. ;)

I think for the sake of optimization you left a bit on the table here. It is a really old misconception that high compression and boost don't work well together. However, if I can ever get you to properly cam your car and drive up the dynamic compression ratio this situation (staying at 9.5:1) would be the smart play.

Once this COVID crap is over we'll swap keys (to the cars, not our wives) so you can see what I mean. ;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,257
For the sake of bench racing:

While my TBSS does not make near the power your car does; so we'll call this: an apples to crab apples comparison. It is a factory 10.9:1 engine with a Procharger and lives on a diet of 91 octane, propane (a lovely meth substitute) and has a native flex fuel system installed - it is pretty safe (like Ottawa to Drag Week safe). We know it is within your abilities to de-tune the car for that road trip... because come on, man you're coming to Napierville 90% of the time and tuning it when you get there anyway. ;)

I think for the sake of optimization you left a bit on the table here. It is a really old misconception that high compression and boost don't work well together. However, if I can ever get you to properly cam your car and drive up the dynamic compression ratio this situation (staying at 9.5:1) would be the smart play.

Once this COVID crap is over we'll swap keys (to the cars, not our wives) so you can see what I mean. ;)
I agree with everything you said . This isn't 1970 technology anymore . Another one of the reasons I'm keeping it a close to stock as possible is to see what just E85/E90 will do . I'm not comfortable putting that much cylinder pressure on the stock rods and pistons . As for a proper cam ............ I have already dreamed up a few different profiles and I will have a custom ground cam made at some point . I'm already 4 mods ahead of the one I'm currently doing

Remember in the beginning I was relying on someone else to tune it and the limitations of the stock rods and pistons.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,258
I'm not going to see the rods and pistons until maybe Christmas or so ( stupid covid)
But here is my plans ( they may change without notice )

Balance rotating assembly
Check deck and main bores for straightness
Hone block to fit pistons as per manufacturer
File fit rings
ARP head and main studs
Check everything over and correct any unforseen issues .
Professional assembly by yours truly .

I'm going to try and document as much of the engine assembly as possible.

My ultimate goal is to have the strongest 6.2L short block as possible for the future abuse I'm about to unleash on it !

1241 - 1260 of 1282 Posts