SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who put PS4 tires on the rear, what were your initial impressions? I just switched from Atturo AZ850 315s today which I know are crap tires. Mind you I don't have but a couple miles on the new tires, and it's 60 degrees today. She is now squirrelly as hell. A ton more slipping than the Atturos. Does that go away? These tires were universally recommended over here and I know they put them on all sorts of supercars around here. (they are the right size tires for my wheels which are 11.5 wide). Just hoping that crap goes away with time. The Atturos got a bit looser in traction with time but they were never like these. It's odd. These definitely should hold the power better.

My testing so far has been 20/30/50 roll. All 3 she sways. Quick punches from a dig but those left a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
225 Posts
For those of you who put PS4 tires on the rear, what were your initial impressions? I just switched from Atturo AZ850 315s today which I know are crap tires. Mind you I don't have but a couple miles on the new tires, and it's 60 degrees today. She is now squirrelly as hell. A ton more slipping than the Atturos. Does that go away? These tires were universally recommended over here and I know they put them on all sorts of supercars around here. (they are the right size tires for my wheels which are 11.5 wide). Just hoping that crap goes away with time. The Atturos got a bit looser in traction with time but they were never like these. It's odd. These definitely should hold the power better.

My testing so far has been 20/30/50 roll. All 3 she sways. Quick punches from a dig but those left a lot to be desired.
Cradle bushings and lower control arm bushings handled my sway .

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cradle bushings and lower control arm bushings handled my sway .
They're spinning quite good also, not just swaying. I have 16k miles on mine currently. With the Atturos at 30-40mph in 60 degrees they'd almost dead hook. Minimum spin.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
374 Posts
You may want to check the thrust angle: somehow setups with wide PS4S seem to be very sensitive to it (based on what "other people" write). I went for R888R in the back, and this was one of the reasons. Very happy with PS4S in the front though.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You may want to check the thrust angle: somehow setups with wide PS4S seem to be very sensitive to it (based on what "other people" write). I went for R888R in the back, and this was one of the reasons. Very happy with PS4S in the front though.
That requires an alignment correct?

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
353 Posts
40-45 currently. Cold.
This happened to me by the shop, but it was an error by them and they recommended lowering it. I lowered it to 32 cold and it helped quite a bit. I too am running PS4 315. Could go a little lower but the contact patch is good for me.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you're running the rears at 32 what are you running the fronts at?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Update? People sh!t on the Atturos for being budget priced tires, however, I've spent the big bucks many times over with all of the big names over the years, and I must say, the Atturos stack up well in my humble opinion. While the PS4s may be superior, I think it's by s fairly narrow margin. Again, just MHO.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update? People sh!t on the Atturos for being budget priced tires, however, I've spent the big bucks many times over with all of the big names over the years, and I must say, the Atturos stack up well in my humble opinion. While the PS4s may be superior, I think it's by s fairly narrow margin. Again, just MHO.

No update yet. I'm in Germany and I'm quite a few hours ahead. I will try to get in there today and test this out. I have some errand to do that require the Durango and may eat up most of my day though.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok for the update. First hit or two at 32/33 psi all around and I had a slight kick sideways but DEFINITELY improved. The car was noticably more comfortable on the ride now as well.

After that she got some heat in the tires and she hooks like a bat out of hell now. Dropped as low as 25mph sport trans and suspension and dead hook first time, chirp and hook on a different surface. More testing to come but I think that was the issue. She feels good now.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
917 Posts
I use 32/32 like the tire placard says. I'd say get a few hundred miles on them first.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I use 32/32 like the tire placard says. I'd say get a few hundred miles on them first.
Who the hell reads the tire placard?? Smh. Guess I should've. I thought the low pressure light came on at 30psi.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts