SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following applies to summer tires.

When I placed the order for the PS4S in Jan, availability was now. Now availability is late May. In May who knows what it will be, Sept?

I am looking to put these on the rear of a NB but I don’t think I want to chance the wait. The alternatives go in two directions.

Option 1 is another 305/35, maybe a Firehawk, cheaper. (I like cheap!) Contis are available but more $.

Option 2a is a PS4S in 315/35ZR20 but I have not seen any post how it fits on a NB.

Option 2b is a PS4S in 315/30ZR20, might fit better? I don’t mind the smaller dia as long as the car does not object. Again, no info.

All you guys have good ideas and suggestions, and some have actual hard data and experience. All your suggestions/advice/data is welcome!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,323 Posts
You cant run a 315 on the stock NB wheel, you'd need a rep.

I run a 305 PS4 in a stick car and they do wonderful, but there are others close. Get some 888R's instead. there's a vendor on here that has 4 in stock now at a good deal.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You cant run a 315 on the stock NB wheel, you'd need a rep.

I run a 305 PS4 in a stick car and they do wonderful, but there are others close. Get some 888R's instead. there's a vendor on here that has 4 in stock now at a good deal.
I have 10.5's on order. The 888R look great but not a street tire like the PS4S or Firehawk, thanks!

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at tirerack, I see plenty of options. The extremecontact sports are cheaper, and a great option for a daily summer tire.
Thanks. I would like to hear your experience with the Contis, they are about the same price but I have not seen the excitement posted like there is about the PS4S. Unless I hear a consensus that the Conti is about equivalent to the PS4S, I’ll save my $ and go cheap. Thanks!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks. I would like to hear your experience with the Contis, they are about the same price but I have not seen the excitement posted like there is about the PS4S. Unless I hear a consensus that the Conti is about equivalent to the PS4S, I’ll save my $ and go cheap. Thanks!
They aren't equivalent, but close. The continental offerings are typically almost as good as the latest Michelin, but not quite there. I think given the cost savings they are worth it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
396 Posts
I originally planned on buying PS4S in 305/35 and did extensive research on the topic. My conclusion was that those are by far the best street tires one can buy. And I don't think you want to go for 305/30...

I ended up installing R888R in the back (no regrets :)) and PS4S in the front, but if you plan on driving when wet, PS4S would be the best choice.

I would not consider anything else just because they are backordered. When I was thinking about PS4S in 305/35 (this winter), they were also a national backorder. Regardless, after some screen time, I was able to find a half dozen of online retailers (mostly no-name) that still had them in stock and would ship for free. So there is a chance that there are a few still sitting in some warehouse, but you have to spend time looking for them. It's Michelin part #20855 (helps to use it when searching).

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
533 Posts
The Conti ECS tires are another great alternative. They are cheaper than the PS4S while being nearly as good as them. The Contis are also not as heavy as the PS4S, so you will save a few pounds more of additional weight.
Indeed. Honestly, for the Hellcat, I'd probably argue more for the Conti just for price savings. I am a staunch supporter for the PS4S, but on the Hellcats, it's not as much of a need so much....

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
184 Posts
Between the two hellcats I've owned I've had the stock pirelli summer tires, contis, and Indy 500s. I just replaced the pirellis on my widebody with the Indy 500s as I had them on my last hellcat and I love them. Great performing tire for the price, only downside is they develop flat spots from sitting overnight but roll out in a short distance. My contis did that as well though.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They aren't equivalent, but close. The continental offerings are typically almost as good as the latest Michelin, but not quite there. I think given the cost savings they are worth it.
The Conti ECS tires are another great alternative. They are cheaper than the PS4S while being nearly as good as them. The Contis are also not as heavy as the PS4S, so you will save a few pounds more of additional weight.
Indeed. Honestly, for the Hellcat, I'd probably argue more for the Conti just for price savings. I am a staunch supporter for the PS4S, but on the Hellcats, it's not as much of a need so much....

TR has the Conti's in stock but only $3 cheaper than the PS4S ($381 vs $384). They look like a great tire which is why I mentioned them but they don't have the WOW in the threads like the PS4S, so I'm having a hard time paying the same $ for them. I will do some more research outside this forum.

Right now I'm leaning toward the Firehawk ($280). I might not be as gentle on a cheap tire as on a $400 tire so the Hawk might just end up being more fun.

Thank you for the help!

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Between the two hellcats I've owned I've had the stock pirelli summer tires, contis, and Indy 500s. I just replaced the pirellis on my widebody with the Indy 500s as I had them on my last hellcat and I love them. Great performing tire for the price, only downside is they develop flat spots from sitting overnight but roll out in a short distance. My contis did that as well though.
I drive all winter on the AS so I have a system to minimize flat spots. I put 1/2" foam insulation on the floor and park on top of it, got this idea from a friend with a Vette with the Pilot Super Sports. If necessary I can do this in summer also. Thanks!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,103 Posts
What is an "NB"? I'm going with the 315/35 PS4S. If you're not going to run it on a track, in rain, the Pirellis are plenty good. I'd even give the Yokohama Advan shot since they are XL and not Standard Load like most others in that size.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger HellCat WideBody
17 Posts
speaking of tires what tires do you run on the front of a widebody challenger if you had NT555RII

305-35- 20 0n the rear? and with a 11" rim can on the rear can you get a 315 on them?

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, it must be great to enjoy cocktails outdoors in beautiful weather especially when you can be free of face diapers! FL is truly a great state!

Reactions: HaloCat

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger HellCat WideBody
17 Posts
Wow, it must be great to enjoy cocktails outdoors in beautiful weather especially when you can be free of face diapers! FL is truly a great state!
Everyone here still wears mouth caps going into a store unless your under 26 and you think your an avenger :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts