SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience using the QA1 driveshaft on the track or street?

I am considering using the QA1 along with a Demon 3.09 and DSS 1400 HP rated axles. HHP beadlock rear rims 17”, 305 MT Drag radials. Most likely Drag Star 18” x 5 with front runners up front.

Currently behind a stock Hellcat motor with plans for possible HP increases once I can dead hook the stock motor on the track. Any HP increases will be done with the requirement that I do not want anything done that will obviously look like a mod externally to anyone that looks at the engine. Stock appearance is a requirement.

Have a good grasp on weight savings ideas so I am good on that subject.

Would do an ATI overdrive damper if I could get a black blower belt, green gates is out. Does anyone make a black belt that will work with the ATI piece?

I have ideas on how to bump the motor HP with the stock appearing requirement, open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,223 Posts
There are several on this forum running the QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft with no issues, in fact I've searched the internet all over and haven't found a report of one failing. Mine goes in at the end of May.

There are black Gates belts that will work instead of the green Fleetrunner belt, people just use the green belt because its more durable.

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,620 Posts
Mine has about 15 passes on it on a stock cat. No issues yet with a 1.54 and many 1.55 60'. If that helps you any.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are several on this forum running the QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft with no issues, in fact I've searched the internet all over and haven't found a report of one failing. Mine goes in at the end of May.

There are black Gates belts that will work instead of the green Fleetrunner belt, people just use the green belt because its more durable.
Who have you used to source the gates belts? Maybe I should just ask HHP. Have you experienced the black belts breaking or known anyone with the issue? The ATI damper is 10 % underdrive I think it gives an additional 3 lbs of boost. Black belt would be great solves an issue.

Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,223 Posts
Who have you used to source the gates belts? Maybe I should just ask HHP. Have you experienced the black belts breaking or known anyone with the issue? The ATI damper is 10 % underdrive I think it gives an additional 3 lbs of boost. Black belt would be great solves an issue.

Gates RPM series.

Belts

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,620 Posts
Nice 60 ft times, strong. How does the DS feel on the street?
No problem at all on the street. I don' think it' noisier at all. Maybe just a different tone to the howl that was always there.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome thank you. Looks like a well constructed DS and I like the safety margin the carbon fiber provides.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
1,015 Posts
Only drawback with CF driveshafts on a daily driver is rocks/ debris taking lil pieces out of the resin used to make the shaft. This can lead to improper balance and possible failure over time depending on how severe it is. I know where i live there is alot of garbage out on the roads thats why im torn between the QA1 and the DSS alum 1 piece. The DSS 1 piece is more durable when it comes to everyday driving. However that QA1 is an awesome part and looks amazing!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,223 Posts
Only drawback with CF driveshafts on a daily driver is rocks/ debris taking lil pieces out of the resin used to make the shaft. This can lead to improper balance and possible failure over time depending on how severe it is. I know where i live there is alot of garbage out on the roads thats why im torn between the QA1 and the DSS alum 1 piece. The DSS 1 piece is more durable when it comes to everyday driving. However that QA1 is an awesome part and looks amazing!
That is a potential issue with carbon fiber but QA1 builds carbon fiber driveshafts for dirt and rally cars too so they've seen it all. They believe in their proprietary resin which protects the driveshaft, and on these cars, our exhaust provides plenty of coverage protection from anything.

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
1,015 Posts
That is potential issue with carbon fiber but QA1 builds carbon fiber driveshafts for dirt and rally cars too so they've seen it all. They believe in their proprietary resin which protects the driveshaft, and on these cars, our exhaust pretty much provides plenty of coverage protection from anything.
Ya QA1 is top notch. Thats more than likely what i might end up with when it comes down to purchasing. The quality of that thing is just crazy.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,611 Posts
I'm have the QA1 and no problems over here!
The shaft is tucked up pretty good and the exhaust covers it from debris and rocks pretty good as well!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
946 Posts

Actually the ati damper is a 10% overdrive pulley

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
23 Posts
The QA1 Carbon Fiber Shaft really tighten up the feel of the car making it feel more responsive. I did go with Carbon Fiber vs the Aluminum DSS due to that Carbon Fiber is suppose to be quieter and more forgiving regarding shock to the drivetrain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts