SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much I want to upgrade or change on the Hellcat but I've always been a bit disappointed on the looks from the back as in my view it has not matched the performance. In the front you got the aggressive hood-scopes but in the back there is not much, and no stylish diffuser.... maybe they forgot the back as they were so excited with the engine?! Considering the rear is what most people will see I wanted to fix it, and now it's done!

We all got different taste but I hope some of you like it or can use it as inspiration! I think it finally looks par with the performance of the car! :cool:

As many of you I've looked for the Ikon diffuser but since they hardly ever are in stock and all of sudden jumped in price for the short while they were available I started looking elsewhere. Towards Dubai and Abaza Carbon. I really like their styling and managed to get my hands on a custom diffuser (not in carbon) from Abaza made for a quad setup! :D

Automotive exterior Vehicle door Automotive design Glass Vehicle

After this I learnt that it is not easy to find quad tips short enough to enable me to keep the stock rear resonators, as you can see in the images there is less than 200mm (7-8") from the clamp to the end of the tip. Most tips are 10" long which would require e.g. bullets.

Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive exhaust Exhaust system

I then had to decide if I shall get 3,5" or 4" tips - the kids Vuvuzela's came handy to mock it up! ;) 4" it is!

Musical instrument

After a lot of searching I found a set on ebay.com that are just 9" incl. almost 1,5" of flange, full set for $79. The option was to have them custom made for $400, i.e. worth a test!

Vehicle door Automotive exterior Material property Bumper Car
Auto part Exhaust system Automotive exhaust Muffler Wheel

Now the fun start, I need help to do the actual job. Did a lot of research of the Toronto area and turned to "Hot Rod Scott's" and Corey Anderson who took it on and did in my eyes an excellent job!

Cutting, adjusting, welding.... and voila! The Beast finally look like it should! I love the looks, what do you think?

Mechanic Automobile repair shop Auto mechanic Vehicle Auto part
Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Auto part Pipe Muffler
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Muffler
Auto part Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Suspension part Vehicle brake

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Performance car

Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Car Vehicle door

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

and a last one...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Performance car Trunk

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,821 Posts
Looks good. Nice and clean.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,981 Posts
Don't know if I like it. Not bad. Just doesn't seem to flow somehow. Probably need to see it in person. However, on the hunt, procurement, install, and write up, a class a job man. Keep it up.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
113 Posts
They look COOL!!! Also like the idea of black tips, any significant difference in sound????
Can you post the part numbers for the diffuser, and the tips???

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
540 Posts
That looks awesome!

There really needs to be a texture difference with the diffuser vs the rest of the car though. Either give it a matte finish or have it carbon dipped, etc.

But yeah, that's very nice

·
1st Hemi, 2017 Challenger Hellcat after "51-Years"
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,119 Posts
OP,

Thanks for taking your Time & Effort to share your recent changes.
And especially the really nice pictures of the process.

Terry

·
BMF
4,670 Posts
Looks really nice. Great Job !

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the nice comments. I did consider black tips to make it look more "mean" but decided for chrome - I was kind of 50/50... but very happy with the look while a bit curious how it would come out in black so let's see...
Would have loved the valance in carbon but too much $... and in real life it looks really sleek in body color!
If I went the carbon route I would for sure felt the urging need to get all extra pieces in carbon...so saved a bunch by doing this! lol

·
1st Hemi, 2017 Challenger Hellcat after "51-Years"
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,119 Posts
Thanks for the nice comments. I did consider black tips to make it look more "mean" but decided for chrome - I was kind of 50/50... but very happy with the look while a bit curious how it would come out in black so let's see...
Would have loved the valance in carbon but too much $... and in real life it looks really sleek in body color!
If I went the carbon route I would for sure felt the urging need to get all extra pieces in carbon...so saved a bunch by doing this! lol
You did just fine for sure and it all looks Great !!!

One can always do things different and your choice to me looks A-OK on your's.

Terry

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
785 Posts
Great job, Looks good. I like the double larger exhaust pipe versus the quad tips.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
785 Posts
Great job, looks good!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
89 Posts
And where can i find one of these lower panels ?? You can PM if it gets blocked.
I have a tip idea but running into length problems.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
2,697 Posts
Sharp!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.