SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
Hey guys with the problem of your steering wheel being offset to the left everyone that i have owned has been like that from the factory take it in to your dealer and get the front end alignment done and it will take care of your problem under warranty.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My first challenger. So far, loose and leaking oil filter, panel gap, crazy orange peel, buff marks requiring paint correction, exhaust valve squeel, and clicking brake rotors. That's it so far. I love the car so much, still ok with it. But does suck and disappointing at 100k. Then the 800 hp and supercharger whine make me accept my car, and the issues all fade away. I drive on in bliss. I hit 1.19 lateral G’s on the stock summer tries yesterday, running up a local twisty run. That’s just silly in a 4500 pound car! I can handle some issues.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
286 Posts
....2022's will be the worst for quality, than any other year.
Its not that I can predict the future.
It will be because all of the 2021's that have been built and then parked, sitting out in fields, parking lots, etc for 6 months or more waiting on 1 form of part or another, will be given new build (completion) dates, then reVin'd as 2022's and sold as such.
Opps. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
My real concern when looking at current builds isn't panel line ups or other easily realigned components, it is the electronic parts that probably shouldn't have been used because they normally would have been rejected as questionable. Questionable these day is OK for many, as there is little choice. Electronics that are not great (or have reduced specs, or QC variances were made) don't last a long time when subjected to long term heat cycles and vibrations. They may last through your warranty period but not much longer. Many of these cars aren't daily drivers, so aren't cycled much during their first 36 months of ownership. I know mine is parked in a heated garage each winter (about 5 months here). That's a large portion of the initial 36 month warranty period. My 2020 was built late 2019, so I hope I don't have to worry, but only time will tell.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Hellcat
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It will be because all of the 2021's that have been built and then parked, sitting out in fields, parking lots, etc for 6 months or more waiting on 1 form of part or another, will be given new build (completion) dates, then reVin'd as 2022's and sold as such.
Wow. That's an eye-opener. The thought never occurred to me that incomplete units could carry over to the next model year. Good thing that Dodge wasn't planning a new Charger for 2022. Thank you for the insight!

·
Registered
2021 Charger Hellcat
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
My real concern when looking at current builds isn't panel line ups or other easily realigned components, it is the electronic parts that probably shouldn't have been used because they normally would have been rejected as questionable. Questionable these day is OK for many, as there is little choice. Electronics that are not great (or have reduced specs, or QC variances were made) don't last a long time when subjected to long term heat cycles and vibrations. They may last through your warranty period but not much longer. Many of these cars aren't daily drivers, so aren't cycled much during their first 36 months of ownership. I know mine is parked in a heated garage each winter (about 5 months here). That's a large portion of the initial 36 month warranty period. My 2020 was built late 2019, so I hope I don't have to worry, but only time will tell.
While we don't have bitter winter cold (except for February 2021 "SNOVID"), we do have brutal heat June through September (typically). The sun bakes, fades, warps, and cracks rubber and plastic parts. I had a 2014 Anniversary edition R/T for 6 years. Had to replace the trim below the windshield and the passenger front door panel. There are so many electronics on the cars these days. That's definitely a concern. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
52 Posts
For what it’s worth, I did run into a few QA/QC problems with my 2021 Hellcat Durango. I traded in my 2016 Charger HC for it which did not have a single issue in 5 years. My Durango rear trunk lid was misaligned upon delivery and closing itself onto the rear quarter panel metal. And I had a shorted vanity/map/glove box light that took me 2 days to find in my headliner.

My wife was yelling at me to take back to the dealership, but in a sick way, I loved taking it apart and fixing it. I also know that the bros over at my local dealership would probably take 5x as long, and never would have found that electrical short.

So from my last week of living with the Durango, there are some small assembly issues, but the engineering and capability of the vehicles are still insane. People just need to put them together better.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
1,121 Posts
The only real problem I have on my 2020 is the area underneath the shock towers isn't painted fully. You can see where it turns to a slightly off yellowish color as it nears the shock towers behind the supercharger coolant tank and again on the driver's side behind the radiator coolant tank. I'd think if my car wasn't so dark, maybe it wouldn't be noticed like on a white, grey, or red color.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
456 Posts
I'm on my fourth Charger and my second Hellcat. My 2020 Hellcat was the best one that I ever owned. I took delivery of a new 2021 Hellcat last Saturday and expected it to be built as well as my 2020, but to my horror, it wasn't. Just a few examples: passenger door panel loose and rattles, unattached door moldings, rubber trim below windshield crimped, unattached carpeting and interior covers, fabric sticking out of the leather front passenger seat, trunk and hood out of alignment, unattached rubber trim around rear window. There's nothing to protect the front bumper from getting scraped by a parking stop. The overall quality of materials and craftsmanship is so disappointing. What on earth happened? Has anyone else noticed the same on their 2021?
Hi Texan Chic,
Sorry to hear of the trouble you’re experiencing. If you decide to address this concern with your certified Dodge dealer, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Reactions: Steiny

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
150 Posts
I'm on my fourth Charger and my second Hellcat. My 2020 Hellcat was the best one that I ever owned. I took delivery of a new 2021 Hellcat last Saturday and expected it to be built as well as my 2020, but to my horror, it wasn't. Just a few examples: passenger door panel loose and rattles, unattached door moldings, rubber trim below windshield crimped, unattached carpeting and interior covers, fabric sticking out of the leather front passenger seat, trunk and hood out of alignment, unattached rubber trim around rear window. There's nothing to protect the front bumper from getting scraped by a parking stop. The overall quality of materials and craftsmanship is so disappointing. What on earth happened? Has anyone else noticed the same on their 2021?
Yes. Moldings along driver side door (valance I think it’s called) has broken clips, ticks like the engine is gonna blow up, crimped seal around windows, loose inner fenders with push pins that won’t tighten. So far…
2021 Redeye Charger

·
Registered
2021 F8 Hellcat
75 Posts
I just had a long start yesterday, and now the low voltage light comes on when I start it. Oh, and the steering wheel is slightly to the left. Other than that she has been great. Its a 2021 with 4k miles.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
150 Posts
I just had a long start yesterday, and now the low voltage light comes on when I start it. Oh, and the steering wheel is slightly to the left. Other than that she has been great. Its a 2021 with 4k miles.
There’s a flash they can do for the long start, bout 3 no old now. My old HC did it prob 800 times until flash then never did it again. Ask dealer it’s out there

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
456 Posts
Hi CFII,
If you're thinking you'd like to have this looked at by the dealer, let us know. We're available via direct message and can help with this process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,618 Posts
My 2020 Frostbite WB Charger goes in Monday for a completely new front bumper. I noticed in late July when detailing the front for the first real time in good light that there were little yellowish green dots in the paint on the front bumper. I thought it was bug juice, cleaned it with bug cleaner, washed it, clayed it, finally did the fingernail scratch and realized it was under the paint.

I was mixed on getting it done as it is hard to see on the color, but I figured if I think about it and wait it won't be covered and what if some day later it gets worse as the paint ages.

Impressively, FCA accepted the more expensive fix from the dealer estimate and is not sanding down and repainting my bumper, but providing a completely new and painted bumper. He did put in the report we've had 9 SRTs in the family including 4 Hellcat models 😂
Follow up,
Dropped car Monday, was provided a Jeep Cherokee Latitude as a rental, car was done late Wed and picked up Thurs morning. By all accounts they did a great job, I can spot poor paint from miles away. Color matches and fitment looks great. Shop also warranties their work for defects and peeling for the life of my ownership of the car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
568 Posts
It is impossible to "re-VIN" any vehicle.That would require restamping all those hidden numbers as well as those stamped on sheet metal parts. It is impossible.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts