SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my husband wants to bring 2019 Dodge SRT Hellcat Challenger he bought in June up to 880 HP by having it tuned etc -shipping to Florida to a company named FORZA. My question to all : is there a company in the Central NY area that can do this? Also he says it will add value to this already expensive car? Will it be street drivable compliant in NY? (it's not going to be raced) and will it void any part of the Manufacturer's warranty> My husband had a stroke several years ago....he's a big car guy.....but don't want him disappointed in any way. Any thoughts, help would be appreciated!
Mary

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
It will not add any value whatsoever. In fact it will actually scare potential future buyers away. I know I would never buy a tuned car and I'm not alone. Any tunes or modifications are purely a donation and anyone telling you it will add value probably hasnt been down that road yet lol. Also kiss the warranty goodbye unless you are best buddies with your service guy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Agree with everything slowpoke said. True street Jim and EMPerormance are both in NY. Pretty well known tuners in the hemi world

·
Registered
175 Posts
You also have AJ/Hemituner out there, pretty sure he is out on LI.

That said, yeah, mods to make the power he is discussing will surely be a warranty issue and will not do anything for the value of the car.
Bet he didn't count on you coming here to verify his theories :)

·
Premium Member
6,365 Posts
Hi Mary,
I sent you a PM.
Your M avatar will show also in the upper right hand corner. Click on it and you will see conversations.
Click again that and hopefully you will see my PM to you.

You have come to the right place to ask questions.

Linda :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Have you looked up resale value on the Challenger Hellcat? It's not good. Unless you have money to burn it's a waste getting it up to 880HP and not racing it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah, these cars aren't investments. Unless you plan on keeping the car long term, all of the money you put into it disappears if you ever sell it.

For me, I'm keeping my Hellcat for life, so I dont care about modifying it. I know I'll never get a return on the money spent due to massive depreciation, and that's okay.

Seriously, keep it stock unless it's a lifetime commitment... or dont modify it any more

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Yeah, these cars aren't investments. Unless you plan on keeping the car long term, all of the money you put into it disappears if you ever sell it.

For me, I'm keeping my Hellcat for life, so I dont care about modifying it. I know I'll never get a return on the money spent due to massive depreciation, and that's okay.

Seriously, keep it stock unless it's a lifetime commitment... or dont modify it any more
ditto above here, I bought mine like new used with 7300 miles on it for 1/2 it’s original cost, the only way I would have purchased it. It wasn’t bought as an investment as no car your planning to drive really should be bought as such. I bought mine because it was a factory built 700 hp STARTING platform that I planned on modding from the get go because I planned to have a BLAST with it and I am :)
Your husband suffered a stroke, that SUCKS, sorry to hear. I’m 55, stroke has been the killer of most of my elders, probably will be mine someday also, a shitty way to go if they don’t take you in one quick swipe which is never usually the case. If you can afford it let the man enjoy what he can of life yet, be glad he still has the faculties to still drive and enjoy life, enjoy it with him and don’t look back or second guess what you did or harp if it ends up being a bad decision, no one has a crystal ball, life’s too short. If anything look for a bit older one in like new condition for a good price, their out there, LOTS of them, then buckle up and be kids again :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
You have AJ (Hemituner)/True Street Perf (Jim) in NY, Ripatune in NJ, HHP in DE. Little further south you have Tim Barth as well - no need to head to FL.

Cars are a poor investments. Modding them does not increase their value and will void the factory warranty.

I also don't agree with the statement that modding it is a waste. Bueller, you already bought a car that makes 707 stock, which is already unnecessary.

Most hellcat owners are modded to some extent. Its YOUR car, enjoy how you want. On top, there are plenty of modded hellcats that never see a track or maybe once in a life time. Mine, I bought to beat the piss out of and race.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
4,540 Posts
Forza’s Stage 2 880HP package for $5000 Based on the modifications/parts, I think it’s more like 820-825HP unless they are tuning on race fuel.

It’s a thoughtful package but I’d recommend the Stage I package from HighHorse Performance.

10% Overdrive Crank Damper
  • PCM Modification
  • 160* Thermostat
  • Brisk Racing Spark Plugs
  • Proper Belts, Gaskets & Seals
  • Professional Installation
  • Forza Engine Management Calibration
  • Color Print Out (displaying baseline / final results)
  • 12 Month / 12,000 Mile Limited Warranty

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'll Echo what YMMV and (prob) what Linda PM'd you. Many extremely good tuners close to NY as YMMV and others pointed out. NO reason to ship it to florida.

It WILL void your engine and powertrain warranty but the rest of the warranty should be fine.

It wont add value, BUT if you sell privately and supply all the info/paperwork on who did the work and who tuned it, AND IF YOU USE A REPUTABLE TUNER WITH A GOOD TRACK RECORD as above, it lessens the potential anxiety a knowledgeable new buyer would have. Id have no problem buying a modded HC tuned by Tim B, HHP, AJ etc. BUT I frequent the boards here and elsewhere and know who most use and their results and track record. In the end though, most buyers are prob looking for a stock car to buy to start their own vision of what they want to do.

IF you trade it, diff story, It will tank your value more than if it was stock.

Were it me and you have the $$ to easily do it, Id let your husband have his day in the sun. If not though, then it a tough conversation. Life is short and rarely easy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Don’t waste your money regardless of what circumstances your life is in. I’m 55 also. Still a waste of money. There will be no warranty. You will loose resale value meaning it will be worth less then a stock unmolested car to 99% of potential buyers. 717hp is fast enough. If not buy a redeye. 797hp, and guess what.... it keeps its warranty and probably hold its value a bit more then a Hellcat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ditto above here, I bought mine like new used with 7300 miles on it for 1/2 it’s original cost, the only way I would have purchased it. It wasn’t bought as an investment as no car your planning to drive really should be bought as such. I bought mine because it was a factory built 700 hp STARTING platform that I planned on modding from the get go because I planned to have a BLAST with it and I am :)
Your husband suffered a stroke, that SUCKS, sorry to hear. I’m 55, stroke has been the killer of most of my elders, probably will be mine someday also, a shitty way to go if they don’t take you in one quick swipe which is never usually the case. If you can afford it let the man enjoy what he can of life yet, be glad he still has the faculties to still drive and enjoy life, enjoy it with him and don’t look back or second guess what you did or harp if it ends up being a bad decision, no one has a crystal ball, life’s too short. If anything look for a bit older one in like new condition for a good price, their out there, LOTS of them, then buckle up and be kids again :)
You have received fantastic honest advice but perhaps you
Should consider this members
Advise. We live day by day some of us and need a new light at the end of that tunnel just to make it to the next day.
Cherish everyday you have with him and give him support.

·
Premium Member
6,365 Posts
Ok, so my husband wants to bring 2019 Dodge SRT Hellcat Challenger he bought in June up to 880 HP by having it tuned etc -shipping to Florida to a company named FORZA. My question to all : is there a company in the Central NY area that can do this? Also he says it will add value to this already expensive car? Will it be street drivable compliant in NY? (it's not going to be raced) and will it void any part of the Manufacturer's warranty> My husband had a stroke several years ago....he's a big car guy.....but don't want him disappointed in any way. Any thoughts, help would be appreciated!
Mary
Hi Mary I would not send my Hellcat to Forza or EMP either! Neither place is Hemi specific and believe me you want Hemi specific.

My recommendation would be to send it to High Horse Performance in Delaware.
They have an install Package that seems to be what your husband is after. https://highhorseperformance.com/hhp-hellcat-trackhawk-850hp-stage-1-installation-package-hhphcstg1/

The honest truth is the Hellcat has so much power just get your husband out on the pen roads where he can blast away and enjoy All the Fasst Fun the Hellcat comes with!

Linda :)

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I live close to the guys at Forza and can tell you their place is immaculate and impressive. And although I don’t know what Hemi specific means they do a lot of Hellcats and have handled Demons. That said, you have some studs who are closer to you so I’d go with some of the aforementioned names. Just my two cents. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your husbands loves cars and as long as you can afford it he should enjoy his car, it will help his heart! do what you can afford, make memories and enjoy the car. I have a different perspective than people that have been fortunate enough to never suffer any major health problems. It changes how you see life! And no one is making money on new cars it is rarely a way to think about it.

Hope he enjoys his car and best wishes with his heart !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mary
I recently had my 2015 Hellcat tuned and upgraded by Forza to 984 HP at the crank and 856 HP at the wheels on a Mustang Dyno which reads lower than most other dyno's. Forza is the BEST place to go. They do the best work and keep your car in great condition throughout the process! My Hellcat is now an animal and on pump 93 gas, will beat the pants of any Demon! THAT is what I wanted and I still have a 6MT, NOT a woosie-matic!! You can never get a Demon with a Manual as ALL come ONLY with woosie-matics! Tell your husband to ship his car to Forza! IT IS WORTH IT!! He will NOT be disappointed! I am not!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mary
Mary- I live in Florida and own 5 challenger's (along with a Demon).I had Forza tune my 2015 Hellcat to 880 HP. His shop is well known in the Tampa area. He did an excellent job. The car is definitely street drivable. It also has, in my opinion, increased the resale value of the car due to his reputation in the industry. As far as the warranty is concerned there is a risk, however if you are that concerned I would have him purchase a second PCM (computer) with the stock codes that could be inserted when the car has a warranty issue. Forza 880 tune package includes new spark plugs, a lower temperature thermostat, a new pully for the super charger in addition to his program on the PCM. The car also contains Forza badging and the signature of the tuner. He was also the first to increase the HP of the Demon to greater than 1000. I have personally been to his facility and have observed cars from all parts of the country and overseas. I would have no problem having him making conversions to any of my cars. Hope this of some help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts