SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that the Brampton plant builds all Chrysler 300's and Dodge Charger and Challengers. How many total units does Brampton build in a month, capacity as it might be. They then "funnel" different cars onto the line. Does anyone know how may Charger and Challenger Hellcats they "could" build per month and still build the other units? I know almost nothing about this whole process, but, is it possible that with building all other units and then scheduling in the Hellcats that Brampton is "kind of busy"?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
Auto makers love it when the line is slow:confused::confused:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
480 Posts
Kinda busy , that's an understatement

We build close to 1000 cars a day with 2 shifts a day , 6 days a week , this week we will be working Sunday production as well . We build Chargers , Challengers and 300 , we build all models and trim levels all at the same time all on the same line. If you want to see the plant in action goggle a National Geographic show called ultimate factories they taped an episode about the plant a while back. You will see how we do it

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
1,036 Posts
Hi brampton builder
Can anybody visit the plant?
A factory tour for tourists or so?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
1,036 Posts
Oh ok :(
Thanks

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

We build close to 1000 cars a day with 2 shifts a day , 6 days a week , this week we will be working Sunday production as well . We build Chargers , Challengers and 300 , we build all models and trim levels all at the same time all on the same line. If you want to see the plant in action goggle a National Geographic show called ultimate factories they taped an episode about the plant a while back. You will see how we do it
Holy crap, 1000 cars per day, WOW. I would guess with that number of cars built each day shoving Hellcats in between everything else is one of the reasons for "lack of Hellcats coming out" at this point. Thanks for all the good info. Take care and keep building great cars.

Reactions: Brampton Builder

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are building a ton of cats everyday , every time you turn around here comes another
What would your "reasonable" guess be as to how many cats per day?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
535 Posts

Watching now. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
547 Posts
Holy crap, 1000 cars per day, WOW. I would guess with that number of cars built each day shoving Hellcats in between everything else is one of the reasons for "lack of Hellcats coming out" at this point. Thanks for all the good info. Take care and keep building great cars.
One other reason they dont build more Hellcats is they can't get enough engines and or blowers

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
No sorry they don't do tours , wish they did like they do for the viper plant , corvette plant and mustang plant.
I did the Corvette plant tour in the late 90's. That was fun. If Dodge did tours of your factory I'd make it a point to get up there and check it out. Large scale manufacturing is pretty amazing process to watch.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.