SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a couple Hellcats, 2016s. So far one with 14k miles and one with 25k. I've been following some posts here on what to look for and have a few questions. I noticed there is a slight supercharger whine in both. The higher mileage one was slightly louder but did not get much louder after a test drive. It almost sounds normal to me, it is not a bearing growl. Is this noise(whine)normal ? I've read they have some issues with the 15s &16s. Are the rear diffs larger in the six speeds? Are the option codes listed or printed somewhere in the cars?

Thanks Gary

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
72 Posts
As long as they aren't growling, it's normal. They all whine. People put cold air intakes on them ro make the whine louder. The diffs are all the same. The only difference would be the gear ratio. My used 16 hellcat came with a car fax which included the window sticker and all of the cars options. Running a carfax on them might get you what you want.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I'm trying to get familiar with the Hellcats. I'm sure to have more questions as I look. It doesn't look like they move off the lots very fast.

Gary

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am looking at a couple Hellcats, 2016s. So far one with 14k miles and one with 25k. I've been following some posts here on what to look for and have a few questions. I noticed there is a slight supercharger whine in both. The higher mileage one was slightly louder but did not get much louder after a test drive. It almost sounds normal to me, it is not a bearing growl. Is this noise(whine)normal ? I've read they have some issues with the 15s &16s. Are the rear diffs larger in the six speeds? Are the option codes listed or printed somewhere in the cars?

Thanks Gary
I recommend the A8 its fast manuals are fun in all but there's no shame in automatic cat. Make sure to check the wheel wells and under the car for burnt rubber on used one . Just because has low mileage doesn't mean it hasn't been beat on hard at a track. Yes they are made to take a beating, but just things i looked out for on my 17

1 - 4 of 4 Posts