SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all sorry if it's a dumb one or an obvious one. Is the oil level on the dip stick suppose to be between the 2 circles or right below the bend?
Thanks in advance and don't give me a hard time lol

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
395 Posts
Offhand, I can't remember. But your owner's manual should have that information. If you have a PDF version, you can search "oil level".

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,859 Posts
Really dumb way to mark the stick. Would it kill them to put two arrows pointing at each other instead?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The manual states the "safe" range. I assume the safe range is between the 2 circles. So do the majority of you guys keep it there or above that? I rather go with what you guys do. I just did an oil change added 7 quarts and it's right between the 2 circles.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,478 Posts
7 for the 6.2? I thought the manual said 6, and 7 for the 6.4?
I believe the later year hellcats required more oil. All that changed was the length of the dipstick. I ordered the new dipstick so its slightly shorter than my factory 15 hellcat one. Now when doing oil changes, they will need to add slightly more oil.

R.K.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
7 quarts for all HC's now. Six is still fine for the earlier ones but they are now only selling 7 qt. dipsticks and recommending owners to now use 7 and get the new dipstick, even on those.

Reactions: SRTCVO

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
396 Posts
7 quarts for all HC's now. Six is still fine for the earlier ones but they are now only selling 7 qt. dipsticks and recommending owners to now use 7 and get the new dipstick, even on those.
Link/reference to the source? I'm not questioning what you say (it totally makes sense), but I would like to see the source of information before I act on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
951 Posts
I can’t say for sure, but back when this first came up, I could see me reading about people not being able to read the new one and just deciding to keep it! :p

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Link/reference to the source? I'm not questioning what you say (it totally makes sense), but I would like to see the source of information before I act on it. Thanks!
This is just one thread on it. It's been discussed in many threads and forums. If you call your dealer they wont even sell you a 6 qt. stick anymore.

Reactions: akras and SRTCVO

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
I can’t say for sure, but back when this first came up, I could see me reading about people not being able to read the new one and just deciding to keep it! :p
Using the old one and 6 qts wont hurt anything, they are just recommending the extra qt.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
951 Posts
Using the old one and 6 qts wont hurt anything, they are just recommending the extra qt.
Mine’s been getting 7 qts all along, but just to add to the confusion and to go along with my earlier post where I said I thought 2017s were good-to-go (which is when they made the change to the 7 qt capacity spec), mine has the 53010823AA cable-style dipstick called out for that year model in the thread you gave, but it sounds like they later went to a blade-style?

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Mine’s been getting 7 qts all along, but just to add to the confusion and to go along with my earlier post where I said I thought 2017s were good-to-go (which is when they made the change to the 7 qt capacity spec), mine has the 53010823AA cable-style dipstick called out for that year model in the thread you gave, but it sounds like they later went to a blade-style?
Pretty sure yes. I'm going top check mine ('20 RE) when I get home just out of curiosity.

Reactions: SRTCVO

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
227 Posts
Same here...I thought my 2017 would be the blade style, but I have the cable style....which I hate!

So is there an in between stick that gives 7 qt measurement, but is cable style?
Dealer did an oil change before I got the cat last month, so not completely sure how many quarts went in.

Thanks for checking slowpoke...also if any other 2018+, non-Redeyes want to confirm back.

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
2020 RE def blade style.

Reactions: thetalonguyh
1 - 20 of 27 Posts