SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat “Go Mango Orange”
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’AM SURE MOST ARE WELL AWARE OF DODGE OR WHATEVER FACTION TEAM SRT IS UNDER IS BEING DISMEMBERED AND DISPERSED DUE TO THE ARRIVAL OF STELLANTIS.

NOW I DONT REALLY KNOW THE UNDERLYING MEANING OF SUCH MOVE BUT I AM CURIOUS IF IT WOULD INCREASE OR DECREASE THE VALUE OF OUR CURRENT SRT’S. YOUR THOUGHT COMMUNITY?

P.S. B4 I GET THE “THIS WAS ALREADY DISCUSSED ON HERE COMMENT” I HAD NO IDEA & ALL CAPS DOESNT MEAN IM YELLING LOL.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,498 Posts
Stellantis? What in the world is that? Fiat’s M division or something?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
37 Posts
Stellantis is the new Corporate name for the merged FCA and Peugeot group. When the merger was finalized, they announced that many members of the SRT group were being reassigned to other projects. Still not 100% sure what that actually means for the future of SRT. But, the latest announcements on Hellcat longevity and future electrified vehicles certainly is not something us gearheads are looking forward to. Combine that with Cadillac's commitment to 2035 all electric vehicles certainly means that the writing on on the walls for high performance, gasoline powered vehicles. I'm am trying to purchase a 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody 6-speed, but that's proving to also be difficult. Change is a coming and I'm trying to get the car I want and will keep forever!!

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,861 Posts
Maybe you're not yelling in real life but online you are lol. Don't shoot the messenger. And yeah this was posted before. Damn shame, now SRT wont mean diddley, will just be a badge and trim. Wont affect current values imo.

Reactions: hansman

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,861 Posts
Stellantis is the new Corporate name for the merged FCA and Peugeot group. When the merger was finalized, they announced that many members of the SRT group were being reassigned to other projects. Still not 100% sure what that actually means for the future of SRT. But, the latest announcements on Hellcat longevity and future electrified vehicles certainly is not something us gearheads are looking forward to. Combine that with Cadillac's commitment to 2035 all electric vehicles certainly means that the writing on on the walls for high performance, gasoline powered vehicles. I'm am trying to purchase a 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody 6-speed, but that's proving to also be difficult. Change is a coming and I'm trying to get the car I want and will keep forever!!
Hopefully your username will be irrelevant soon...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
Don't go holding on your Hellcat thinking it's value is going to increase anytime soon. Yes, electric cars are coming but the infrastructure to support all electric cars is not there yet and will take a long time to establish.

If federal funding and politics play a role I can see the infrastructure progressing at a much slower rate than a manufacturer ability to produce an all electric feet.

Now if it was all privatized then that could be a different story. There are plenty of companies out there already looking to get their slice of the electric pie.

Reactions: hansman

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
512 Posts
ill be keeping my red eye till i kick, enjoy what you have,who knows what will change with the company,in the future,all companys are leaning towards electric. maybe not in my lifetime but my grand kids kid, all we will have is electric cars,and gas powerd cars will be in museums.!

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Yeah, I read this a fews days ago.....
The party seems to be coming a close. Question is with covid and the article that I read above are the 2021, the last hellcats we will see?

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
~snip~” I HAD NO IDEA & ALL CAPS DOESNT MEAN IM YELLING LOL.
In a forum such as this one, it means you are yelling!
😎
It will be just fine.
Use standard case next post.

Reactions: Slowpoke387

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Soon high test gas prices are going to be so high we won’t be able to give these cars away. What’s a car worth if there’s no fuel to run it with or it’s cost is $15 a gallon??
Invest wisely.
We are in a financial recovery.
Fuel prices will be relative.
There are hundreds of thousand good old fashioned gas stations here in the USA. The electric infrastructure is not even close to 1/10,000th of that yet.
IDK about you but I cant imagine what a line of 100 or even 1000 Tesla's waiting for a charge will look like. 😎

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
343 Posts
Well it also comes down to profit. Does Dodge make money on the SRT line? If yes, it will stay. Why would dodge give up a profitable line? All I know it I had 2 SRTs so far and I absolutely love them

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
SRT branding is probably going to end up like BMW M's showing up on every model.
That is a really good point, also like AMG for Mercedes...........
They would have to be absolutely crazy to pull the gasoline version of the Hemi - HellCat - ScatPack - RT - Hemi lineup.
Hell I am waiting for them to drop a HellCat engine in to a Ram PickUp.
For Dodge/Mopar to start using batteries in their cars they would probably loose 50-75% of their business.
I liked Hemi's (back in the day when a Hemi was a rare spotting). Just could not afford them.
Most of us were lucky enough to have a base 340, 383, or 440 (as long as the block was orange).

·
Premium Member
213 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts