SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been asked this a couple times plus when someone ask they get a what someone els said answer. I was in the rain with the R888Rs no big deal was able to go 70+ highway speeds and make lane changes no problem. Just drive her in eco mode when in the rain keeps the car calm and the torque in check not like you'll be racing anyone anyways you'll live.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,883 Posts
Yup. Same with the Nitto NT05R’s. Not too difficult.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
398 Posts
So ive been asked this a couple times plus when someone ask they get a what someone els said answer. I was in the rain with the R888Rs no big deal was able to go 70+ highway speeds and make lane changes no problem. Just drive her in eco mode when in the rain keeps the car calm and the torque in check not like you'll be racing anyone anyways you'll live.
I mean, technically speaking, anything short of M/T's, you can do this with....

However, it's not the rain that's really the issue, it's the amount of water on the surface you're driving. R888R's and NT555's both are not great in that kind of condition, at least not for high speeds.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean, technically speaking, anything short of M/T's, you can do this with....

However, it's not the rain that's really the issue, it's the amount of water on the surface you're driving. R888R's and NT555's both are not great in that kind of condition, at least not for high speeds.
ive been with someone in CUP2s during heavy rain and they were fine as well just driving normally CUP2s are basically slicks tread wise the R888Rs have the big water evacuation channels you'll be fine as I was in the same weather with the NT555rs doing highway speeds. Just speaking from my real world experience your going to be fine if you don't drive like a moron trying to do pedal to the metal pulls in a heavy downpour.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye, Triple Nickel
50 Posts
I have track days coming up this weekend on the roadcourse at NCM Motorsports Park in Bowling Green, KY. We are expecting a lot of rain on Saturday. I will report how the R888R's handle wet track conditions.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,104 Posts
I think the PS4 is better for rain, but its designed to be so thats a given.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
356 Posts
^ you get about the same increase in traction from R888 to PS4 as you get with rain capability of the PS4 to R888. PS4 will be much better in colder weather. Both horrendous in snow, hard to say which is the better ice skate.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,104 Posts
^ you get about the same increase in traction from R888 to PS4 as you get with rain capability of the PS4 to R888. PS4 will be much better in colder weather. Both horrendous in snow, hard to say which is the better ice skate.
When we had some snow here in MD a few weeks back I couldn't help but test it when they werent covering the roads with an inch of salt, the PS4s were useless lol

I imagine the 888's would be worse.

·
Registered
17 Posts
R888r's are ok until they get worn. Ask my stingray how it knows this. (65 mph during downpour, 180 degree hydroplane middle of highway not accelerating and in weather traction mode).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
670 Posts
My 555r's are fine if they have tread lol. Last set was getting low on tread (about a 1k miles over the wear bar) and I couldn't go over 50mph with out feeling the rear end start to float on me.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,823 Posts
Its not really rain that's an issue, its standing water.

Reactions: DevilsReject97
1 - 13 of 13 Posts