SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing race stars on the rear, hearing a lot of people saying to be careful with the lug nuts and washers as they strip easily. Any tips on installing these? Use a lubricant or anti seize? Washer with the “wheel side” print goes in towards the hub I assume?

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
294 Posts
I haven't had any problem with threads stripping out or the lug nut & washer binding in the wheels like others have mentioned. I did have a problem with how far the lug nut shank extended into the wheel. Instead of typing it all here, I provided a link to a Race Star lug nut thread and my detailed post with pictures is in post # 70.

Race star wheel problem , lugs nuts too long..

I'm very happy with my wheels now that I have lug nuts that work with them. Just be sure to check how far the lug nut shank extends into the wheel.

Good luck,
Dean

Reactions: Speedfreak93

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't had any problem with threads stripping out or the lug nut & washer binding in the wheels like others have mentioned. I did have a problem with how far the lug nut shank extended into the wheel. Instead of typing it all here, I provided a link to a Race Star lug nut thread and my detailed post with pictures is in post # 70.

I'm very happy with my wheels now that I have lug nuts that work with them. Just be sure to check how far the lug nut shank extends into the wheel.

Good luck,
Dean
Thank you for the link, very informative. Where did you pick up the gorilla lugs and washers from? The hub centric rings, do I place them inside rje

Good luck,
Dean
thank you

Good luck,
Dean
thank you for the very informative response and link you sent. Where did you buy the gorilla lugs and washers from? Also, the hub centric rings, do I install them on the hub or place them inside the wheel and then secure the wheel as one unit with the ring in it?

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
294 Posts
I bought them off of ebay. I think the seller was danshouseofspeed.

Reactions: Speedfreak93
1 - 4 of 4 Posts