SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Radford Racing School 08-05-22

1923 Views 60 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  zaimer
Hey all... anyone heading to AZ for the SRT Experience track day on 08-05-22? Any tips or suggestions from those who have already attended? I'll be flying into Vegas early that week and road tripping with no specific destinations before I hit the track.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Banned
210 Posts
Hey all... anyone heading to AZ for the SRT Experience track day on 08-05-22? Any tips or suggestions from those who have already attended? I'll be flying into Vegas early that week and road tripping with no specific destinations before I hit the track.

I live 20 mins from there and the wife sent me for the precision course for Father's Day. It was great! Best advice, HYDRATE. Its not only hot here right now (110+) its 30-50% humidity with the monsoons. You will be out of the car a lot in the heat and when you are in the car in your helmet, the AC doesn't do much.

· Registered
In The Market
2,395 Posts
Mad Dogs and Englishman go to Chandler in August. We went in March. Cool weather. Try not to melt. Drove the Redeye from San Jose. More concerned about snow in the Sierra then. Don’t forget Oatman on 66.

· Registered
1,110 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
3,108 Posts
If you have the time, it WELL worth the drive down to Tombstone, that place is awesome. As far as the class goes, you'll love it. Enjoy & drive the Hell out of those cars, you won't wear them out.

· Registered
In The Market
2,395 Posts
Bisbee is another great ghost town in the Southeast corner of Arizona. In Tombstone, we stayed at the Bordello B and B. The Saloons had signs, “no firearms. Ahhhemm. We drove across the reservation from California south of 10 and 8. All shitholes. No cell service. Me, Linda, the Hellcat, and the Border Patrol. That’s about it. Hot lap with an instructor with a 6 speed the best. Learned a lot too.

· Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger Redeye (one of one)
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bisbee is another great ghost town in the Southeast corner of Arizona. In Tombstone, we stayed at the Bordello B and B. The Saloons had signs, “no firearms. Ahhhemm. We drove across the reservation from California south of 10 and 8. All shitholes. No cell service. Me, Linda, the Hellcat, and the Border Patrol. That’s about it. Hot lap with an instructor with a 6 speed the best. Learned a lot too.
I’m recently retired LEO and SWAT.. let’s just say I’ll be well prepared for any contingencies along the journey 😬
And thanks to everyone for the info!! Much appreciated!

· Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
3,108 Posts
Yes!!! The hot lap is a total blast! They even gave my wife a ride!
You are welcome to bring someone with you. They can hang out with your group for the day as well.
Radford also has a pretty cool gift shop.

· Premium Member
1,040 Posts
The go pedal is on the right. Remember, late and deep on the brakes. Don’t ride them in to fade oblivion.

· Registered
'22 Charger Hellcat
631 Posts
Yes!!! The hot lap is a total blast! They even gave my wife a ride!
You are welcome to bring someone with you. They can hang out with your group for the day as well.
Radford also has a pretty cool gift shop.
Can the non-enrolled person be with you for the majority of the day, other than the (obvious) driving portions? Like are they allowed in the classrooms, and are able to stand/sit with you when you're waiting to drive?

I'm looking to invite my brother alone, but he will only be spectating. I don't want to drag him all the way down there to be bored out of his mind from 8:00-4:00. LOL

· Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger Redeye (one of one)
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can the non-enrolled person be with you for the majority of the day, other than the (obvious) driving portions? Like are they allowed in the classrooms, and are able to stand/sit with you when you're waiting to drive?

I'm looking to invite my brother alone, but he will only be spectating. I don't want to drag him all the way down there to be bored out of his mind from 8:00-4:00. LOL
For the one day SRT course, yes they can be in the classroom for the briefing, course review and driving pointers. They can watch all the driving events and will prolly get some hot laps with the instructor driving at the end of the day.

· Registered
'22 Charger Hellcat
631 Posts
For the one day SRT course, yes they can be in the classroom for the briefing, course review and driving pointers. They can watch all the driving events and will prolly get some hot laps with the instructor driving at the end of the day.
Awesome, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I had an "outsider" tag along.

· HOTM Winner
2021 Challenger Super Stock
333 Posts
@Mattm400 and I went last April. My wife stood with the instructors all day and took photos and videos. At the end they took both of our wives for the ride along with the instructors even though they weren't part of the class. Great bunch of guys out there Radford. In fact, we are making a return trip this April to take the drag racing class.

· Registered
'22 Charger Hellcat
631 Posts
They’ll have a good time. There’s alot to do out that way as well. I made a week out if it in a rented Challenger R/T haha.
Yeah, I had interest in going to Phoenix before the Radford Racing so it should work out well. If I had no other desire to go to the area, I likely would skip the driving school all together. Not worth the time & money if that were the only thing there IMO.

I have a Mustang GT booked right now, but I did look at the Challenger RT as well lol. I plan to do a loop up north of Phoenix and back. I believe they have a few good driving roads up there.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts