SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

· Registered
'22 Charger Hellcat ordered
593 Posts
Cool I signed up for the April one. Hopefully you'll get your car soon enough.
I live like 40 mins north away from the school.

There are basically only two reasons why I would not receive (take delivery of) my car:
-car is damaged in transit and is not repaired to my satisfaction
-I change my mind for some very ODD reason and decline taking delivery

It should be delivered within the next couple of weeks, as its waiting for the final jaunt to the dealership lot. My friend got his Hellcat last August and he is already signed up for the April course. I'm going to Phoenix either way, just a matter if I participate in the course or not. :cool:

· Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger Redeye (one of one)
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah, I had interest in going to Phoenix before the Radford Racing so it should work out well. If I had no other desire to go to the area, I likely would skip the driving school all together. Not worth the time & money if that were the only thing there IMO.

I have a Mustang GT booked right now, but I did look at the Challenger RT as well lol. I plan to do a loop up north of Phoenix and back. I believe they have a few good driving roads up there.
My year is up toward the end of July, but I won't be able to make it.

Must you have purchased a vehicle to go for free if you use someone else's VIN # that doesn't want to?
Send them your VIN to get approved. They will work with you on dates. Mine was up July 6 but I didn’t go till August.

· Registered
593 Posts

Must you have purchased a vehicle to go for free if you use someone else's VIN # that doesn't want to?
You just have to be signed up within the year, not necessarily complete the course.

You’re only able to use a qualifying vin of a car which you’ve purchase, afaik.

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,895 Posts

So you want someone else to go using your VIN? They used to allow that then Bondurant cracked down. If Danny is still at Radford, that's who you or they need to talk.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
2022 Charger Hellcat
89 Posts
I haven't looked at available dates yet, but I was thinking March. Do they only do one a month for the SRT classes? or are there sometimes more (or fewer) dates in a month?

Rob
These are the options of dates I received when I signed up on the 3rd of this month:

SRT Experience Dates
  • Mar. 9th, 2023
  • April 23rd, 2023
  • May 26th, 2023
  • June 24th, 2023
  • June 25th, 2023

· Registered
35 Posts

You need a written letter from the person who does not want to use it. Stating you can use it. Full name , VIN of the car that is letting you use their experience. Full address, etc. It’s in their website as well.

· Registered
593 Posts
I am hopefully taking delivery in March and would love to go in April or May. Hope it's not booked up by then.
I've spoken with a Radford employee a couple of times over the phone now. (coincidentally that latest was yesterday afternoon) He claimed the classes typically fill around a month or so in advance, which is what I would assume. I believe he said there are around 50 spots per class. I was shocked to hear that, as I was expecting there to be a dozen of so.

· Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
3,074 Posts
For anyone wanting to go to this, it makes a great vacation. Take a few extra days, the Botanical garden in Phoenix is really nice, and take a whole day & drive down to Tombstone. It's a couple hours south past Tucson & is definitely worth the trip, a wild west town for sure. Also, for those who may like to partake, recreational canibis is legal and easy to aquire in AZ., even if you live out of state. There's plenty to see & do, but the class is by far the most fun.

· Registered
28 Posts
I got my VIN approval from Dodge, but they only send them over to Radford once a week (I'm told). Won't be able to actually sign up until Radford has me in the system.

Radford told me that I can trade up my SRT Experience for one of the 2 or 3 day real Performance Driving classes at $1k off (still expensive). I think I'm going to do that since I have been wanting to take a real class for some time.

Rob

21 - 40 of 60 Posts