SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my radials yesterday, I would like to put them on tonight and take a trip to the strip tomorrow night. I planned on DD the radials thoughout the summer. Only thing is, there's a 20% chance of rain tomorrow. How bad are radials in the rain? Specifically the Mickey Thompson ET Street R's(305/45/18)? Are they okay if you take it easy or should I just not risk it and not put them on till there is 0 rain in the forecast?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,821 Posts
Just dont goose the throttle and you'll be fine. If you see standing water and are doing 60+, I would avoid it all costs. Our butts are pretty heavy though.

The 03/04 Cobra was downright scary with DRs on the back in rain but I dont think Ive seen anyone here crash or lose control with DRs in the rain

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,941 Posts
Just dont goose the throttle and you'll be fine. If you see standing water and are doing 60+, I would avoid it all costs. Our butts are pretty heavy though
Exactly. Stay light on the long pedal and ease up for standing water. I've been DDing mine for five months or so with tons of rain here. No problem at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts