SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I put on the extra hose clamp, I got one from BMW because theirs are smaller in width and made better. A couple pointers, the hose clamp when apart was so hard with one hand to get connected it took over an hour just to connect it.
Then when I tried screwing it from the top. THIS YOU DONT WANT TO DO I dropped the screw driver and it fell way down at the bottom of the belly pan. No way you can get your hand down there so I took a broom handle and put duct tape on the end and had to fish it out, what a Fu^%$# Bi#$%.
I realized if you bring your screw driver or socket head in from the side by the window washer fill neck you can come from the side and tighten it.
Iron Metal Architecture Machine tool Machine

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
That's why we use 1/4 drive sockets;);) Nice insurance on it!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,464 Posts
For future reference the main belly pain comes out with 4 bolts. Probably could have removed it quicker than your MacGyver solution. :D

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
Also you can see the thinner BMW clap I used I was able to get it behind the hump on the rad so I don't think it will ever come off.
That's an Audi clamp:D

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
I bought it from the BMW Dealer
As a BMW owner I'm pretty sure if you bought it from a BMW dealer you paid too MUCH! LOL ;)

Bring a tube of lube when you go in (and I'm not talking about your radiator hose). I have my buddy get my parts through his shop. Saves me a lot of lube.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As a BMW owner I'm pretty sure if you bought it from a BMW dealer you paid too MUCH! LOL ;)

Bring a tube of lube when you go in (and I'm not talking about your radiator hose). I have my buddy get my parts through his shop. Saves me a lot of lube.
yea $ 7 and change, but not to good for my Hellcat.:)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
yea $ 7 and change, but not to good for my Hellcat.:)
$7 beats being stuck on the side of the road spewing anti-freeze all over. Going to the BMW dealer was a smart move. You got a great clamp that is hard to find locally unless you have either a marine store or a really good parts place.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I use to have a 2012 320i X drive it was great in the snow. I don't like the earth friendly paint they use it seemed to chip very easy and the clear coat seems to scratch easy also.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
I use to have a 2012 320i X drive it was great in the snow. I don't like the earth friendly paint they use it seemed to chip very easy and the clear coat seems to scratch easy also.
Yes, all this tree hugger shit is for the birds. That's why I have 707 HP LOL (just kidding of course).

The cat is for fun, the BMW is for everyday. I do think I'll be driving the cat a lot though once spring arrives in force.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$7 beats being stuck on the side of the road spewing anti-freeze all over. Going to the BMW dealer was a smart move. You got a great clamp that is hard to find locally unless you have either a marine store or a really good parts place.
I actually researched hose clamps, I'm that crazy, i liked the ADA clamp a lot it is blue at the screw housing, they use them on VolVos. The BMW one looked good. The China cheapies cut into the hose with there type and have a seam on the back of the screw housing that can open up.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
I actually researched hose clamps, I'm that crazy, i liked the ADA clamp a lot it is blue at the screw housing, they use them on VolVos. The BMW one looked good. The China cheapies cut into the hose with there type and have a seam on the back of the screw housing that can open up.
You don't have to justify anything to me. I research everything. Back in the 90's I spent a month researching hose clamps for a car I had.... ABA is my first choice in a clamp! I'm very weird (but in a good way -- at least I think so).

Reactions: chopperpilot

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, all this tree hugger shit is for the birds. That's why I have 707 HP LOL (just kidding of course).

The cat is for fun, the BMW is for everyday. I do think I'll be driving the cat a lot though once spring arrives in force.
Yeah, I had mine out yesterday in track mode of course and turned a corner and had to hurry up I had some good steering wheel exercise back and forth and some serious pedaling it was great so much power.:eek: I had to test the clamp out.o_O

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.