SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran the car all day today at the MSHS. Best I could do on the street tires was 11.4. Put some DR's on it and went 11.3 but needed more time to figure them out and ran out of time.
There will be some video up tonight for you guys to watch.
I ran againt another Sublime Hellcat all day. we did a best out of three back to back hot lap race. Although I had the best time he beat me fair and square. Think he did a best of 11.6 or 7 on his street tires.
We had a dam ball! Laughed and raced all day. Good times with great cars.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
And nothing broke and you made it home so that's a good day!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Ran the car all day today at the MSHS. Best I could do on the street tires was 11.4. Put some DR's on it and went 11.3 but needed more time to figure them out and ran out of time.
I ran againt another Sublime Hellcat all day. we did a best out of three back to back hot lap race. Although I had the best time he beat me fair and square. Think he did a best of 11.6 or 7 on his street tires.
I was there you guys looked like you were enjoying your cars. Some of the cars that were there were darn fast.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,744 Posts
Were both of you autos?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes both auto's. I think it was around 125mph. It was hot today, 87 degree's or so.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was there you guys looked like you were enjoying your cars. Some of the cars that were there were darn fast.
yes we were, like little kids, it was awesome!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
That's so awesome it's most important to have fun and nothing broke!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
949 Posts
I live in Clearwater and was wondering if the Bradenton track has officials that will teach idiots the ropes. Great facility and have been there many a time. I could watch the videos and read till I fall out of my beach chair,,,, but nothing like have some one show hands on. Kinda like the,, shooting range down the street that let's you shoot your auto machinery till the barbell melts. Just wondering if they had track officials that would be for hire. What a job????

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,036 Posts
What is it you need to know?
There are many members who live in Florida and are Drag racing. I'm sure if you went to a T+T night or Saturday you could find someone that would be helpful.
There is much info posted on here explaining from A to Z

Linda :)

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,590 Posts
Like Linda said there is lots of info here. You have ncrowe, marc0779 and
Lightning00va I believe are a few that run there.
It's too bad you are so far. Once a year a group I joined puts on a race. And we have a little class for newbies before the racing starts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
591 Posts
I live in Clearwater and was wondering if the Bradenton track has officials that will teach idiots the ropes. Great facility and have been there many a time. I could watch the videos and read till I fall out of my beach chair,,,, but nothing like have some one show hands on. Kinda like the,, shooting range down the street that let's you shoot your auto machinery till the barbell melts. Just wondering if they had track officials that would be for hire. What a job????
if you want to learn come to a thursday nite test and tune at bradenton pm me when you are going i am there almost every week i would gladly give you some tips and help it is laid back there and there are plenty of beginners learning,if you get there early you can get lots of runs in,you just have learn by doing if your car isnt to fast you can have a passenger show you with a ride along or i can drive and you can be a passenger and we can go thru the whole procedure,you should get a set of drag radials for your car it will make it much safer and you will enjoy it more.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
325 Posts
Anytime you want to come down for test and tune let me know - I live 20 minutes from the track and I’m there often - it’s cheap for test and tune ($20) - bring a helmet, a long sleeve shirt or jacket, long pants and like Marc0779 said - get yourself a set of drag radials if you like it - you’ll have more fun!

It’s a great track !

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
949 Posts
I will be there the Thursday after Thanksgiving. What would be the time to show up? I will not have the HC with me do to it having minor repairs that week and I do need to find out what info and equipment I need. I will contact one of you guys before I leave Clearwater. Not 20 minutes away though. But an hour and half will be fine. I like the track and most important the people involved seem really gracious and generous,,, thanks.

Brian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.