SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy in New York has a '16 HC, garaged, car cover, only driven on sunny days. Took it for an oil change... the wrench discovered bits of a tuna sandwich, little chicken bones and a dead rat.
Not sure what he can do to avoid repeat visitors.
Suggestions?

·
Registered
81 Posts
My buddy in New York has a '16 HC, garaged, car cover, only driven on sunny days. Took it for an oil change... the wrench discovered bits of a tuna sandwich, little chicken bones and a dead rat.
Not sure what he can do to avoid repeat visitors.
Suggestions?
I buy a bucket of poison bait and set some on a paper plate at all four corners.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
425 Posts
rodents can also smell the nutrient rich minerals that the wires are made of, like copper . I see all types of rodents randomly chew on wires in customers vehicles.
I've advised customers to get the dog food out of the garage also, found a nice stockpile of dog food under the hood.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
I've heard Coyote Urine, fox urine, or synthetic Urine, peppermint oil, moth balls. I tried peppermint oil but don't know if it was effective or not because I still had mice but couldn't identify all the entry points.

Worst case is they chew up all your wiring, screw up your PCM ( your cars trying to make an adjustment but the wires been severed), have all your fluids leaking out...think tiny gremlin living under your hood.

·
Registered
735 Posts
We have dogs and cats, so I procure a couple of the "pee spheres" out of the kittylitter box and place a couple spheres in pie pans which I then strategically place on the garage floor near each door. That keeps the rodent population down considerably. The dogs also tend to pee near the garage since it abuts their dog run area. Rodents tend to not like to hang around where their predators have marked their territory. And no there is no noticeable cat pee smell in the garage - but the rodents seem to sense it though.

I'd be more than happy to sell you some of our patented and copyrighted "Hellcat Pee Grenades" if you're interested. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,191 Posts
I use the Tomcat poison in my barn where I park some vehicles, seems to work on mice, no rats here in the deep woods. The Bobcat is parked outside and the chipmunks call it home. I put bars in of heavily scented soap, they say Lifebuoy is good but I’m cheap and use Palmolive from Dollar and a Quarter Tree. (Thanks ykw.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts