SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I figured I’d get lucky and get some insight from someone on this site. I’m still new to the forum and already have had nothing but great advice and positive vibes from you all. Sooo, I just picked up a pre owned 2015 Challenger Hellcat. This is what I noticed on cold start ups only and it only lasts for about 2-3 seconds and goes away. Once the car is warm it goes away until the next cold start. Does anyone have any idea what it could be. I haven’t been under the car to take a look. I’m not even sure if the previous owner did a mid muffler delete but any thoughts/advice would help. Below is a link to the video I posted on YouTube. Thanks

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,157 Posts
Seems normal to be. These cars do make a lot of racket during cold starts as is to be expected. Maybe someone else could pick up some additional sound bytes, I might have missed. Welcome to the forum BTW.

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,157 Posts
I would recommend a visit to the dealership. It would help in removing any doubts and for your own peace of mind.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems normal to be. These cars do make a lot of racket during cold starts as is to be expected. Maybe someone else could pick up some additional sound bytes, I might have missed. Welcome to the forum BTW.
Thank you!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would recommend a visit to the dealership. It would help in removing any doubts and for your own peace of mind.
You’re right, I’ll take it in after the holidays

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,436 Posts
It almost sounds like the actuators in the exhaust are making noise when they are closing. Definitely not a normal noise.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,257 Posts
You would probably be more capable of pinpointing the source of the rattle than the dealership.

I’m dead serious, which is unfortunate. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,157 Posts
You’re right, I’ll take it in after the holidays
Yeah hopefully it’s nothing to worry about. Just sit back and enjoy the holidays and your new Hellcat. Let the dealership take care of this. Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
157 Posts
Mine also makes this sound because I removed the actuators and put piece of wire to hold valve open. Wire doesn’t fit perfect so valve kind of rattles. Had originals took them off because the spring in one actuator broke and it was making that noise and soon after I got a code for it. I would say if might be that as my car makes same noise on cold start as engine idles down.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
993 Posts
Dealer visit. Hopefully your still under warranty. I was quoted 3200 to replace cat back from FCA, all because the actuators went bad twice. Of course it isn't warranty because I did a mid pipe delete smh. I decided if it happens again I'll get a cat back with simulators for half the price and be done with it.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6 Posts
I had the same problem and I thought it was a gears when I down shift. And they called me today and said it was my heat shield rubbing up against my Cat. Hope this helps anyone having the Same problem

1 - 13 of 13 Posts