SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the community, also in the auto industry, and ready to buy my first Mopar car. Lifelong Corvette driver, I had a Mid Engine, but I really want a manual sports car.

I selected all of the options I wanted on Autodata which is the industry vehicle spec database. I want a manual, wide body, not the Red Eye, Demon, or Super Sport. Listed as package 25E. Upgraded the interior, nothing special.

I sent the order to a fleet dealer I work with and he said the order bank won't take it, automatic is the only thing they will build right now in this configuration. Scat pack Yes, Hellcat No. This dealer specializes in fleet sales, trucks and vans, so maybe he's not in the know?

Questions: is there a well-known Hellcat dealer I can contact? Is there a restriction on the manual?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you do a search you will find lots of threads on this subject. Last update I read, Dodge was having issues getting the M6 to clear emissions. No 2021 Hellcats could be ordered with a manual. Dodge said via “Dodge cares”, on this forum, they still plan on building them in 22, but so far the M6 is a no go and not order-able. Some suspect it might not ever come back.

In still own a C7 stingray. I sold my M7 GS last year. Best manual car I have ever tracked! Great car and transmission!

I ended up getting a Redeye, which is my first auto car in my life. I don’t mind so much as I am not a fan of the truck like M6 in Hellcats. And having a Demon with cornering suspension is awesome. But I get the itch for a manual. Good luck! Hopefully they come back before the cats are extinct.

Reactions: First Mopar

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,765 Posts
Dont hold your breath for a M. You will suffocate.

·
Registered
'22 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
255 Posts
Do a search in this forum. You'll find a half dozen threads about this. I too have been waiting to buy a Hellcat 6m and have been since August. Last we heard from @DodgeCares they are working on it and hope to see them be orderable in the new year.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
457 Posts
If you do a search you will find lots of threads on this subject. Last update I read, Dodge was having issues getting the M6 to clear emissions. No 2021 Hellcats could be ordered with a manual. Dodge said via “Dodge cares”, on this forum, they still plan on building them in 22, but so far the M6 is a no go and not order-able. Some suspect it might not ever come back.

In still own a C7 stingray. I sold my M7 GS last year. Best manual car I have ever tracked! Great car and transmission!

I ended up getting a Redeye, which is my first auto car in my life. I don’t mind so much as I am not a fan of the truck like M6 in Hellcats. And having a Demon with cornering suspension is awesome. But I get the itch for a manual. Good luck! Hopefully they come back before the cats are extinct.
Hey bud, I’m going to be completely honest with you. I’ve been chasing this topic since September of 2020 when 2021 order banks opened. I’ve read every stellantis fact sheet and searched google for every other forum about this topic. I think dodge is blowing smoke up our ass and even though they are still falsely advertising manual transmissions for hellcats, I don’t think we will ever see them again.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,554 Posts
Has anyone tried emailing Tim K and asking him? He has responded to people here before.

His FCA address has been posted but guess he's got a new one now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,906 Posts
New to the community, also in the auto industry, and ready to buy my first Mopar car. Lifelong Corvette driver, I had a Mid Engine, but I really want a manual sports car.

I selected all of the options I wanted on Autodata which is the industry vehicle spec database. I want a manual, wide body, not the Red Eye, Demon, or Super Sport. Listed as package 25E. Upgraded the interior, nothing special.

I sent the order to a fleet dealer I work with and he said the order bank won't take it, automatic is the only thing they will build right now in this configuration. Scat pack Yes, Hellcat No. This dealer specializes in fleet sales, trucks and vans, so maybe he's not in the know?

Questions: is there a well-known Hellcat dealer I can contact? Is there a restriction on the manual?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Regardless of what Dodge keep saying, chances of getting a manual are very slim.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Regardless of what Dodge keep saying, chances of getting a manual are very slim.
In all likelihood, Having to order a REWB instead of an M6 HCWB is not a bad compromise tho. There'll be a Stinger Yellow 22 in my garage next summer either way.

--Jeff

·
Registered
86 Posts
No computer will be shifting for me. Don’t care what anyone says about the autos.
I agree. 80% of the vehicles I have owned in my life were manuals. That said, If Dodge won't build it I have no choice, so no M6 means 807 HP instead.

--Jeff

·
Registered
66 Posts
My advice for those wanting a M6 Hellcat is to look for a low mile 15-20 model. There are lots of nice one owner examples with less than 10k floating around. If I was a betting man I’d say Dodge won’t ever build another new M6 HC.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts