SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
51k for a brand new HC challenger is so amazing and right in my price range even though it is the higher end, sucks that they don't sell here

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,455 Posts
51k for a brand new HC challenger is so amazing and right in my price range even though it is the higher end, sucks that they don't sell here
You know that is a base spec car right? Just making sure you realize this.

R.K.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,069 Posts
From Koons:

WE CANNOT SELL TO CUSTOMERS IN MA OR CA DUE TO STRICT TITLE/REGISTRATION/TAX POLICIES THOSE STATES HAVE.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,747 Posts
From Koons:

WE CANNOT SELL TO CUSTOMERS IN MA OR CA DUE TO STRICT TITLE/REGISTRATION/TAX POLICIES THOSE STATES HAVE.

That's really odd. I'm a dealer (used cars) in MA. The title/tax/reg policies here are really no different than most other states that we've sold to. Wonder what the problem is.

Reactions: Hellcatski

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
404 Posts
That's really odd. I'm a dealer (used cars) in MA. The title/tax/reg policies here are really no different than most other states that we've sold to. Wonder what the problem is.
Most likely just tired of dealing with CA... can't speak for MA though..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
484 Posts
The selling dealer Koons Doesn’t have to deal with California at all. I’ve bought many many cars out of state I live in California. Buy it on the MSO and register it. The selling dealer has no contact with California. Purchased my new 21 motorhome in Illinois three months ago. had to pay partial Illinois sales tax to leave Illinois. When I got to California they didn’t care. Easy process. financed the motorhome no problem. Selling dealer got the money they didn't care when or where I registered it., The bank cares. But the selling dealer no.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bought a base 2020 from Koons but the 51k isn’t true. More like 55-58k after everything is said and done. I’m extremely happy with it and don’t care about sunroof, navi(has apple play) or leather seats. The cloth seats are extremely comfy, hold you in place, heat up extremely fast, and so does the heated steering wheel. I’m simple, and easy to make happy with little things. Best car I have owned and my kids and wife love it too. I say go for the base, if you don’t need leather and the useless navi. Apple play made car navigation pointless and outdated, unless you buying the the new escalade with the virtual navigation. We don’t even use the navi in our 19” tahoe and just use apple play constantly for music, navi, messages and etc. I put 2600miles on it since I bought it 6 weeks ago!! Love it

·
Registered
278 Posts
I live in Mississippi and we're one of the few states that don't do sales tax reciprocity. Meaning that if sales tax is collected for the vehicle I buy out of state, the tax must be for MS in order for me to get credit.

Best example I have is for me (MS resident) buying a vehicle in Florida. FL collects FL sales tax on all car purchases. MS then says I have to pay MS tax, no credit for taxes paid to FL - so I would be taxed twice. Most other states around me (like Louisiana and Alabama) would only collect MS tax, so no problem there. I've researched it heavily and make sure to ask dealers for which state they are collecting the tax. When I was looking at Mustangs, Braden Ford in Tampa had a big disclaimer saying that it was basically not the best decision for a MS resident to buy from them because of the tax situation.

While this doesn't prevent a FL dealer from selling to a MS resident, an educated buyer would make sure to factor in the double tax in their purchase decision.

Not saying that's what's going on in this situation (VA sales to CA and MA). But this is an example where buying out of state isn't as clear cut as buying a car down the street.

Reactions: Hellcatski

·
Registered
278 Posts
Bought a base 2020 from Koons but the 51k isn’t true. More like 55-58k after everything is said and done.
You are right. The additional incentives they have with the PD are currently only for Northeast residents. Even then, their WOW prices on 2020 models are getting closer to the discount provided using the Group Buy (that includes adding back in freight and their $899 fee). Question is, if they have what you want, are you willing to gamble the car still being there while waiting for further discounts?

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
From Koons:

hmmmm.... Just get a po box?
Seriously, I am gonna bet if you stroll in there with $55 large, they will sell you a car. BTW does the 51k include seats?

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
212 Posts
You are right. The additional incentives they have with the PD are currently only for Northeast residents. Even then, their WOW prices on 2020 models are getting closer to the discount provided using the Group Buy (that includes adding back in freight and their $899 fee). Question is, if they have what you want, are you willing to gamble the car still being there while waiting for further discounts?
I got a quote from Koons a couple of weeks ago on one of the 2020 base models (which doesn't bother me in the least) and I was $60K out the door (8.625% NY Sales Tax). Honestly, I really don't want an automatic and I didn't see myself paying the extra $3K for that option, if that's not what I truly wanted. I might have fired on it at $57K and an M6.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I got a quote from Koons a couple of weeks ago on one of the 2020 base models (which doesn't bother me in the least) and I was $60K out the door (8.625% NY Sales Tax). Honestly, I really don't want an automatic and I didn't see myself paying the extra $3K for that option, if that's not what I truly wanted. I might have fired on it at $57K and an M6.
I absolutely agree with that statement. No offense to anyone on here that has an 8 speed auto, but I had an automatic in my ScatPak I hated it. In fact I traded my scat 8 speed auto for my HC 6 speed for that exact reason.
Im perfectly happy rowing through all 6 notches, especially as the Barton breaks in, it just gets better.

·
Premium Member
2017 Challenger Hellcat
39 Posts
Im perfectly happy rowing through all 6 notches, especially as the Barton breaks in, it just gets better.
And we all love watching you guys admire us in stop and go traffic and hills :LOL:

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
And we all love watching you guys admire us in stop and go traffic and hills :LOL:
How so!
I been driving a manual since I was a teenager. The HC actually does have a hold feature when activated it actually holds the car, until you move:cool:
Now traffic, ya got me there!

·
Premium Member
2017 Challenger Hellcat
39 Posts
How so!
I been driving a manual since I was a teenager. The HC actually does have a hold feature when activated it actually holds the car, until you move:cool:
Now traffic, ya got me there!
The hold feature is nice, didnt have that luxury on the last few stick cars I had. Big hills in Seattle suck!!

Reactions: hansman
1 - 20 of 49 Posts