SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what rear tire is everyone using? I'm looking to go wider and was wondering what others have tried that looks good and grips good. Size and brand. And it's more of a nice day driver. No rain, but it does see some 40 degree days. Especially if its sunny out and I just can't resist. :)

·
HOTM Winner
959 Posts
Truth be told can spin all tires period. What's your stock tire size? If you're driving in 40 degree weather nothing lol. Need more info. for a useful answer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truth be told can spin all tires period. What's your stock tire size? If you're driving in 40 degree weather nothing lol. Need more info. for a useful answer.
275/40. Right now. Not many days of cold weather but I'm mainly looking for a wider tire to look better stance wise.

·
HOTM Winner
959 Posts
275's IMO are useless on a Hellcat. As for stock rims I think the biggest you can go is a 295. I would recommend going with a wider rim to fit at least 305's. I do know @Greg's 295's in Toyo R88R's and loves them. That's a DR so rain and cold are useless. Best bet going to a set of replicas 20x11 or bigger and get more meat on the ground.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I went 285's on all fours. Looks and performs good with Conti. Extreme Contact Sports. 295 will fit but not technically approved for a 9.5" wheel so many tire shops will not mount them.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
40's are hard to find in a 285. Pirelli and Dunlop are all I've found in 40. 35 on my Conti's.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you're using the stock wheel, MT has the Street S/S in 275/40/20, but I guess you could run the 305/35/20 if you can find someone to mount it on the wheel, but the minimum spec is a 10" wide wheel.

·
Premium Member
5,320 Posts
There are literally hundreds of threads on this. This will also help.

·
Premium Member
13,621 Posts
I went 285's on all fours. Looks and performs good with Conti. Extreme Contact Sports. 295 will fit but not technically approved for a 9.5" wheel so many tire shops will not mount them.
Same for me and the grip is awesome! 10x better than stock tires. Same for my SRT Durango.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
Coug707
SRT Hellcat Forum
HellCat.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcat & Demon. Discuss modifications, engine specs, pricing and more!
Full Forum Listing