SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my dealer call and said they are holding parts for me for a recall for the to replace the Converters. Does anyone know about this and should I get it done?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which years are affected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE
I just got back from dropping her off. The years affected are 15-17. The converters are disintegrating inside. They are replacing the O2 sensors as well. We should all be getting letters sometime soon. The service manager and I went to H.S. together. He told me that when FCA shipped in the parts he just checked the owners list and called the customers he knew first,before they run out of parts. They have done 7 cars already. I wonder if that was causing the noise that some owners were hearing a few weeks ago?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My dealer said they can only order one set per week, I’m waiting 10 weeks before mine comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess i should be glad My SM takes care of me. I just wonder if the cars really need it or not.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It's nice Dodge is willing to help. My guy didn't seem like they were on BO at this time. I also have bought five autos from them,over the years. Plus a few boxes of doughnuts help too.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So glad 18's aren't affected. Don't think I could leave my Cat with any Dealer overnight.
I parked her inside in the service Dept.. I don't like taking her anywhere for service. Unless I can wait. I know what
i did to customer's car when I was a mechanic in my 20's. I hope Karma doesn't bite me in the A$$. So far so good. Their SRT guy drives a hot rod SRT8. So i'm not too worried. But i should have reset the top speed since it reads 169. Yes I stopped there on purpose for the 69 LOL. Don't know how to make a guitar sound on the computin box.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,946 Posts
Had my dealer call and said they are holding parts for me for a recall for the to replace the Converters. Does anyone know about this and should I get it done?
The converters are very expensive. For Dodge to replace these suggests the existing converters if not bad will go bad.

In the meantime they can affect how the engine runs.

Get the converters replaced and ASAP is my advice.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The converters are very expensive. For Dodge to replace these suggests the existing converters if not bad will go bad.

In the meantime they can affect how the engine runs.

Get the converters replaced and ASAP is my advice.
You might want to wait to get this done. I just got mine done to day. They flash the ecu and now when you shut the car off it sounds like someone releasing their last breath. There is pressure being released through the throttle body from the SC when you shut the car off. The tech stalled the car (M6) and no noise. The tech said he never heard noise before either. He's going to contact Mother Mopar and get back to me. So you might want to wait before you take your Cat in for this recall. I'll post anything that happens. Like I said earlier. Karma biting me in the A$$. I shouldn't of beaten on those Z-casr in my 20s.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
220 Posts
I got my converters done today with evap recall and an oil change it took 2 hrs for everything to be done.

1 - 20 of 420 Posts