SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Recall for Cat Converter ?

116K views 654 replies 123 participants last post by  pitbullbob 
#1 ·
Had my dealer call and said they are holding parts for me for a recall for the to replace the Converters. Does anyone know about this and should I get it done?

#4 ·
Which years are affected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE
I just got back from dropping her off. The years affected are 15-17. The converters are disintegrating inside. They are replacing the O2 sensors as well. We should all be getting letters sometime soon. The service manager and I went to H.S. together. He told me that when FCA shipped in the parts he just checked the owners list and called the customers he knew first,before they run out of parts. They have done 7 cars already. I wonder if that was causing the noise that some owners were hearing a few weeks ago?

#7 ·
Can you send your VIN? I don't think the parts are on that high of restriction by the dealer and we can help get them some quicker if they are.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares

#12 ·
I parked her inside in the service Dept.. I don't like taking her anywhere for service. Unless I can wait. I know what
i did to customer's car when I was a mechanic in my 20's. I hope Karma doesn't bite me in the A$$. So far so good. Their SRT guy drives a hot rod SRT8. So i'm not too worried. But i should have reset the top speed since it reads 169. Yes I stopped there on purpose for the 69 LOL. Don't know how to make a guitar sound on the computin box.

#14 ·
You might want to wait to get this done. I just got mine done to day. They flash the ecu and now when you shut the car off it sounds like someone releasing their last breath. There is pressure being released through the throttle body from the SC when you shut the car off. The tech stalled the car (M6) and no noise. The tech said he never heard noise before either. He's going to contact Mother Mopar and get back to me. So you might want to wait before you take your Cat in for this recall. I'll post anything that happens. Like I said earlier. Karma biting me in the A$$. I shouldn't of beaten on those Z-casr in my 20s.

#39 ·
I watched the mechanic do one of mine it was not too bad of a job they took pipes and all off and put the new one in they need to cut the cats off the pipea and send back to Dodge. In all I was there for a little over 2 hrs for cats, evap can & oil change. I would see if your dealer has them in stock it sounds like they are getting hard to get now that everyone is getting it done.

#43 · (Edited)
Currently waiting on a call back from the dealer for parts availability and scheduling.
Anybody with complaints or reasons not to get it done? Sounds like the converters themselves are not effective and/or failing.

Edit: Got appointment for next Friday. They had all parts in stock, they said about 2.5 hrs. Gonna be a long lobby wait.

#46 ·
Well they ordered a new PCM or ECU whatever you want to call the computen box. Mine is the first one they did that was not tuned. I went back today and the Tech tried to reflash but it wouldn't take. He said the same thing happened yesterday. Has anyone else who has gotten this done that have a stock PCM?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.